Multiplayer game sync error

Ultimate Editor; support/discussion/questions

Moderator: thunderchero

thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Multiplayer game sync error

Post by thunderchero »

xdx and zerochance sent me this saved game
Game7.sav
(240.02 KiB) Downloaded 61 times
I ran new version of UE to check integrity and it found several errors that it fixed
Warning: in AgtSh2: Found shipId 487 that is missing from GShipList. (removed)
Warning: in TskSh360: Found shipId 269 that is missing from GShipList. (removed)
Warning: in AIShpUnt: Found shipId 269 that is missing from GShipList. (removed)
Warning: in AIShpUnt: Found shipId 487 that is missing from GShipList. (removed)
Warning: in gameInfo: Invalid player empire mask: 24 (fixed)
Warning: in AgtSh15: Found shipId 269 that is missing from GShipList. (removed)

many other line of info

I saved fixed file and gave it back to them, they got 2 turn before they got sync error again. next save
Game9.sav
(256.02 KiB) Downloaded 70 times
they got this error (same one as before)
Warning: in gameInfo: Invalid player empire mask: 24 (fixed)

any ideas?
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Re: Multiplayer game sync error

Post by Flocke »

Player empire mask might be a bug in UE, it only checks the empire mask for the current player but for multiplayer there are possibly more player empires in the mask.
Regarding the many ship errors, this might be by the mod they play. When you do the integrity check you must have same stbof.res selected by UE.
Further I didn't do any mod compatibility testing, so when the sav game format is any different from vanilla botf, the integrity checks are broken.

For any further analysis we'd need to know the mod they play, any personal modifications applied, the error log if available or the prompted exception message that can also be found in the event log.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

they were testing Mirror Universe mod with Build queue patch.

After the second crash I reminded them about clicking anything after first player clicks turn (while waiting on other player to complete turn)
example if player who finishes first is waiting and thinks did I click turn? and then clicks it again
after you click turn you should not even look around, example go to intel screen system screen ect
or click on any system
or answer or read any messages until turn has processed
after I ran integrity check second time I know they went at least 4 more turns.

I still think most sync errors are due to action after the turn button has been clicked.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

As for other ship errors, I have noticed after a minor is subjugated some time minor ship will remain when they should be destroyed.

I have not figured out this issue out yet.

edit; looking at saved game I don't see that issue here.
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Post by Spocks-cuddly-tribble »

Flocke wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:34 pmfor multiplayer there are possibly more player empires in the mask.
Correct, ds:5A2B28 (PlayerEmpiresMask) is used as quick test for AI control of a given empire ID.

A silent MP connection loss/error should remove the disconnected player's empire bit and force a silent AI takeover.

Btw it looks as if DCER logged in to spy on your UE takeover. :smile:

thunderchero wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:18 pmafter a minor is subjugated some time minor ship will remain when they should be destroyed.
IIRC minor's ships get removed when the population is annihilated but not when subjugated. Unless minor AI code issues a scrap order for stranded ships due to range loss?
Last edited by Spocks-cuddly-tribble on Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:49 pm Btw it looks as if DCER logged in to spy on your UE takeover. :smile:
Flocke contacted him. :grin:

edit
Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:49 pm IIRC minor's ships get removed when the population is annihilated but not when subjugated. Unless minor AI code issues a scrap order for stranded ships due to range loss?
you are correct just tested vanilla and after subjugation the minor ship remained.

Return to “Ultimate Editor”