Is it possible to extract sections to a spreadsheet or something similar?

Ultimate Editor; support/discussion/questions

Moderator: thunderchero

Deimos
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Is it possible to extract sections to a spreadsheet or something similar?

Post by Deimos »

Hey all,

I've been using UE for sometime now and while I love it, it does have one tedious issue and that's when you're editing planets.

If I select a planet and modify it, the list on the right resorts itself to whatever order it sorts by, losing my place in the list.

So I have to manually find the planets I was planning on editing each time, change it, scroll down again, edit, scroll down again.

So I was thinking, is it at all possible to simply extract the planets file? To some editable format where I can do a search and replace?

I'm basically looking to replace all thin oxygen atmospheres to oxygen-rich.

Or if there's some way to stop it from reordering the planet list as I edit each one, that would be helpful as well!
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Re: Is it possible to extract sections to a spreadsheet or something similar?

Post by Flocke »

Hey Deimos,

I currently give no support to UE, but the planets are contained in the systInfo file you can extract with UE. That file however is pretty complex and you'll have to use some hex editor like HxD, search the planets or systems by name and then find the correct offset for each of them. It'll be no less complicate I fear. The only chance it might have is when the value to replace is rather unique throughout the file. Then you only have to check and replace all those occurances in a hex value search.

For systInfo details check http://flocke.bplaced.net/botfwiki/inde ... TFStasisHd and viewtopic.php?p=54337#p54337

GL
Deimos
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Deimos »

Ahh thanks for the information! I figured it wouldn't be a simple search and replace with notepad++ :P
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Post by Spocks-cuddly-tribble »

Flocke wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:30 pmthe planets are contained in the systInfo file
It might be possible to edit each new game this way, but I think he talks about editing planet.pst?
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:08 am It might be possible to edit each new game this way, but I think he talks about editing planet.pst?
Oh, right, good point! I however can only recommend to have a look at the structured modding index or the forum search that case. Never modded planet.pst yet :D

Return to “Ultimate Editor”