Ultimate Editor

Ultimate Editor; support/discussion/questions

Moderator: thunderchero

Morf
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

About the limitation to 5 sectors/turn

Post by Morf »

About the limitation to 5 sectors/turn, isn't it due to ship range rather than speed?
5 is, I think, the medium range in tech 8+ in Vanilla. No ships in unmodded game had their speed higher than the range. Not even the Defiant (4<5).
Guess if speed is higher than range the game crushes. I mean, the damn ship runs out of fuel before the end of the turn :D
@DCER: ever tried increasing the range to meet or exceed the speed? Clearly, if it works, the speed limit should be the ship range. Don't know about Tethys, but this will make me happy, as that -1 speed seems too fast for my taste :) (unless the Traveler or a Cytherian is involved)
JeanLucPicard1
Commander
Commander

Post by JeanLucPicard1 »

DCER,

I tried one of the UE programs in development (can't remember which version) which included an overview tab for ship stats. It was just like the buildings overview.

The latest edition of UE (7.0g) doesn't have it anymore. Why that feature removed, and if it won't be coming back in later editions could you tell me what version did include it?
Peter1981
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Peter1981 »

@ morf -- no speed is the rate at which a ship travels in one turn, range is the supported area a ship can journey to in one turn. & Don't GUESS, TEST!
Nucky9
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Nucky9 »

Apologies if this has been covered somewhere, but I could not find an answer using the search function.

Anyway, I am in the middle of making a balanced and terrain filled MP map for a coming lan party, using UE to edit a saved game. One thing I would like to do is place (linked) wormholes in certain locations. I think there were three on the map to begin with. I deleted all three then placed two in the positions I desired and they were linked, as I expected. However, I have tried placing many more wormholes and none of them ever connect.

Since I have certainly seen more than 2 connected wormholes in a game before, I know it is possible to have more. I was wondering, is there a way for UE to turn a wormhole 'on'? Is there some rule to how wormholes connect (some minimum distance or something?). Or, maybe if there are only two active wormholes in the original save, that is all there can be on that map? Something else perhaps?

Any insight would be appreciated.
Nucky9
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Nucky9 »

Actually, never mind - I found the function under the stellar objects tab.

Regards,
enigma
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by enigma »

Worm Holes.. This remindes me of a another problem with Worm Holes + UE. When ever I'm creating a Worm Hole on the Map and making the correct settings for the Worm Holes, UE does NOT creat a Worm Hole. UE creates a Black Hole (Badlands Plasma Storm), that I have to change to a Worm Hole. Thats the only way it works apparently.
DCER
Code Master
Code Master

Post by DCER »

enigma wrote:Worm Holes.. This remindes me of a another problem with Worm Holes + UE. When ever I'm creating a Worm Hole on the Map and making the correct settings for the Worm Holes, UE does NOT creat a Worm Hole. UE creates a Black Hole (Badlands Plasma Storm), that I have to change to a Worm Hole. Thats the only way it works apparently.
I thought I fixed it. I've uploaded fixes for both versions, should be working now.
I tried one of the UE programs in development (can't remember which version) which included an overview tab for ship stats. It was just like the buildings overview.

The latest edition of UE (7.0g) doesn't have it anymore. Why that feature removed, and if it won't be coming back in later editions could you tell me what version did include it?
The overview tab was added to the dev version - the old (stable) version doesn't have it. Get the dev version (0.7.1dev) instead.
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

Man I cant wait to do Java in the spring... So I will probably need everything you have on UE to jump into (when the time comes :lol:) That way I can quickly help out and test new features and stuff ;P
Not for the weak of heart...
Galaxies MOD v0.4.0 <--- GALM/Galaxies Mod latest version
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

Don't rush in too fast! :lol:
Busy man you are, hope you find some time for your next gm release. ;)
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

Oh dont u worry Flocke, I am working on is as we speak... 2 UE's open, HxD, Photoshop, and 3 Adobe Bridge windows... hint? ;)
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

Soon it'll also be Eclipse, and a dozen browser windows for learning Java. :D
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

Hi DCER, i was wondering for an 'experimental (not working) feature' to add an Add button to Building screen so it is easier to add buildings for testing purposes, so we dont have to do it all by Hex :)

Relevant information in this thread: viewtopic.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1599

You could add it to the last Dev version with the Add Tech button (version dev5d i think is the one i am currently using with these addons) < if this is at all possible, would appreciate it mucho ;) Thanks

EDIT: Btw, i believe Peter and I will be having a look at the code for the building techs to see if there is any way to easily (and i use that term loosely) mod them at least up to 16 (0-15 techs)

Even if we can get it to 11 is still progress
DCER
Code Master
Code Master

Post by DCER »

Hi Tethys,

I'm sorry (everyone) but UE is on hold right now - indefinitely I'm afraid. I might still finish the new map gui eventually, but anything beyond that is unlikely.
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

Thats not good news DCER :cry:

I took a look at the UE source and opened the .JAVA files with notepad, seems there is text there, but dont understand it at all. I guess I will have to wait until January when spring term starts.

Well, looks like its on to the manual way of adding buildings again (Ive got one so far lol)

I hope that whatever it is that has you on hold, that you succeed through it, and are able to once again work on this project.
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

bad news, I hate bad news :(
wish you the best DCER :)

Return to “Ultimate Editor”