Ultimate Editor

Ultimate Editor; support/discussion/questions

Moderator: thunderchero

matilija
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Re: Ultimate Editor

Post by matilija »

Would anyone have a pre-compiled version of UE with all of Flocke's edits that fix the UE map editor out of curiosity, I tried to use eclipse to build one but it hangs at 56% indefinitely and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. (I am not a coder, and tried to follow the directions as best I could, but clearly I think I'm doing something wrong.) Regardless, I really appreciate all the effort you guys have put into this as BotF is one of my favorite games, and UE just enhances the game so much.
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

I sent you a PM since it is note released yet with link to file on my google drive.
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

matilija wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:27 pm Would anyone have a pre-compiled version of UE with all of Flocke's edits that fix the UE map editor out of curiosity, I tried to use eclipse to build one but it hangs at 56% indefinitely and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. (I am not a coder, and tried to follow the directions as best I could, but clearly I think I'm doing something wrong.) Regardless, I really appreciate all the effort you guys have put into this as BotF is one of my favorite games, and UE just enhances the game so much.
is there any build error message? any details you can give?
anything listed in the Problems tab or the console?
eclipse-problems-tab.jpg
eclipse-problems-tab.jpg (24.17 KiB) Viewed 2802 times
can you tell the commit you have downloaded?
it sadly is not inluded with the plain source download file name, you need to check on date and time of the download and compare to the commit history: https://gitlab.com/stbotf/ultimate-edit ... its/master

From time to time there happens to be some broken commits where I missed to commit some selected changes. Usually I try care that it at least does compile fine, but it's hard to make sure all the time.

what if you try debug the application like illustrated below? For the upper shortcuts to work, you first need to select the project configuration once and therefore follow instructions of the right click menu selection:
eclipse-run.jpg
eclipse-run.jpg (141 KiB) Viewed 2802 times
eclipse-select-ue.jpg
eclipse-select-ue.jpg (36.96 KiB) Viewed 2802 times
I debug UE all the time and it works well, it just misses the resource files for faq and help as far I noticed.
With more details I can give better support. And I'm happy to add any helpful details that by my programmer perspective I possibly missed to note for the novice. :up:

Official release will follow soon, but Im happy for test feedback.
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

@thunderchero @lathon I didn't get any notification on the invite request this time, so I guess lathon you added thunderchero which is just fine.

I however wanted to figure why I didn't get any notification and found that "A project's masters and owners will be selected to be notified about the access request. If the project has no explicitly added owners or masters, the project's containing group's owners and masters will be notified."
https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-fo ... sues/30908

There sadly is no option to configure the notification and I can't explictly join the project as it would downgrade my permissions. :lol:

So if at any time someone misses a response by me, not only for access request, just post me a message.
Lathon
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Lathon »

@floke I received an email notification when thunderchero requested to join up. you didn't get this I'm assuming? that seems like a broken feature in gitlab....
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

@laton I indeed didn't get any email, and yeah, to me this definitely is a broken feature of gitlabs. Doesn't matter to me but wanted to let you know that I might miss project notifications unless I am explictly named.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Flocke wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:12 pm to me this definitely is a broken feature of gitlabs.
yeah when I look at "members" it give me option to "remove member" Lathon. I should not be able to do that....

I guess I will get next request?
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

thunderchero wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:48 pm yeah when I look at "members" it give me option to "remove member" Lathon. I should not be able to do that....

I guess I will get next request?
that is fine with the maintainer role Lathon granted

you and lathon get notified on request, me not cause I'm owner of the parent group and obviously aren't meant to bother on such minuscule user requests when there is some maintainer :lol:
matilija
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by matilija »

Flocke wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:09 am
matilija wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:27 pm Would anyone have a pre-compiled version of UE with all of Flocke's edits that fix the UE map editor out of curiosity, I tried to use eclipse to build one but it hangs at 56% indefinitely and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. (I am not a coder, and tried to follow the directions as best I could, but clearly I think I'm doing something wrong.) Regardless, I really appreciate all the effort you guys have put into this as BotF is one of my favorite games, and UE just enhances the game so much.
is there any build error message? any details you can give?
anything listed in the Problems tab or the console?
eclipse-problems-tab.jpg

Honestly couldn't tell you which commit it was, I just know the zip that had the files was labeled ultimate-editor-master and contained installation instructions on how to compile, and now I realize that I downloaded the source and am an idiot, regardless, thank you and thunderchero for all of your hard work in breathing new life into this awesome game. :grin:
matilija
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by matilija »

thunderchero wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:49 pm I sent you a PM since it is note released yet with link to file on my google drive.
Thank you kindly good sir, you are a gentleman and a scholar!
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

matilija wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:24 pm
thunderchero wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:49 pm I sent you a PM since it is note released yet with link to file on my google drive.
Thank you kindly good sir, you are a gentleman and a scholar!
it would be best if you work with Flocke to figure out your issue building source, he has already made several changes since I built that version.
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

@matilija Idiots are those that don't try to enhance their mind, so give it a try and we'll figure this for sure. Afterall you already downloaded and installed eclipse, right? Further by your ask for help you already surpass all those that fail but never give a note or never don't even give a try. ;)
Oh and ofc idiots are those that don't value BotF! :mrgreen:
Lathon
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Lathon »

So I did get some time to start looking into the Edifice program. I have been able to update UE to read the record correctly, and load the buildings. I still need to verify it loaded them all, but it does appear to be all there.

It does read the tech level correctly as well, as shown in the screenshot above. The only issue is if you try to edit any of the buildings, BOTF will crash after the map generates. I have found that a lot of the other functions hard code the tech level to 10. When i get some more free time this week or next, I'll start looking into it some more.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

just a side note it looks like you are testing on mirror universe mod. (uncivil wars might be better for testing?)

MUM has issues with UE with main structures, but should not cause crash that I know of though.

what happens is when UE reads main structures it wants to auto adjust the upgrade table. Dcer had it setup for either no upgrades structures or 9 upgrade structures. Since MUM has 5 upgrade structures the "structure_table.patch" needs to be applied.
structure_table.patch
(6.72 KiB) Downloaded 62 times
the other issue MUM has is;
after resetting with the EdificePatcher.exe, sets the wrong last main research structure (I think EdificePatcher.exe just uses the last ID of Edifice, not the last research structure) since my minor structures are last on structure list. so you will need to apply "Main_Research first and last structure IDs" patch
Main_Research_first_and_last_structure_IDs.patch
(3.44 KiB) Downloaded 62 times
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

I didn't look into the edifice patcher, nonetheless I messed alot with the Edifice.java and other files when I fixed the starting condition level selections for viewtopic.php?f=125&t=4067

I also fixed alot on the BuildingsGUI code of above screen and added a new BuildingTools file to cleanup and unify the code while working on the now editable tech level selection in there.

Hope that doesn't raise too much conflicts to you Lathon. :roll:

Return to “Ultimate Editor”