Ultimate Editor

Ultimate Editor; support/discussion/questions

Moderator: thunderchero

DCER
Code Master
Code Master

Post by DCER »

i'll check what's wrong, until then you can try version 0.6.3 for editing saved games.
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

Dcer,

I ran an check integrity and got some strange results on latest release 6.4a:

I know the sizes of 'i_***w.tga" file should be 120x100 so some thing is off?

and t02.hob is the correct file name for the Calamarain and b file is not even in vanilla res file so some thing is off there too.

just to let you know we have at least 2 or 3 new ships that we have added with your newest find.

and these errors were not there before we added ships except ftw.tga warning, and f2_w is a new file.

thunderchero
DCER
Code Master
Code Master

Post by DCER »

Hi,

sorry was away for a while.

Thanks for reporting the error, I must have mistyped when I changed those strings for translation purposes. There are a few more errors with such strings that I found, they'll be fixed with the next version.

EDIT:

ok, the save game bug is fixed, the problem with wrong graphics size testing also, and the missing files are the result of the orbital battery id being checked. When new ships are added the id is no longer valid and since the id is not present in trek.exe I think I'll just disable the hob file check for aliens.
DCER
Code Master
Code Master

Post by DCER »

Version 0.6.5
is released.

Most notable changes in this version:

General:

- support for html help files (external links are ignored)

Stbof:

- added option "Behave as if built by" to override ship combat behavior in ship stats
- fixed translation bugs
- planet ID duplications are now auto-fixed when Check Integrity is run
- special ships can be set under Ship Stats (works for all empires, maximum number of special ships is 5)
- ShipGUI.java now reports an error when ship image is not found instead of silently breaking
- added option to allow a building to build special ships (also allows "less or equal than" hack)
- improved buildings group edit -> added filter by empire and support for equations [L,*,/,^,+,-,(,)] - L stands for tech level
- Group edit of ship and building stats have a 5 second cooling time on each operation
- fixed bogus ship map range checking in Check Integrity
- fixed erronous orbital battery id check when testing graphics files

Saved games:

- some fixes in MapGUI
- fixed checking of overlapping entries
- fixed critical bug on reading/setting game name
- fixed bug that caused loaded files seemingly disappear (due to invalid file names being set)

Exe:

- added another alien starting id to set, this should fix the problems with added ships

This software is always beta, make backups. If you find a bug, post it in this thread.

Source code is available - read the license on what rights you are given.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

DCER,

just tried 6.5 and I get error log and will not startup even updated my java install. here is log;

Exception in thread "main" java.net.URISyntaxException: Illegal character in opaque part at index 5: file:\C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\Doug\My%20Documents\BOTF\6.5\
at java.net.URI$Parser.fail(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URI$Parser.checkChars(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URI$Parser.parse(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URI.<init>(Unknown Source)
at ue.UE.main(UE.java:120)

thunderchero
DCER
Code Master
Code Master

Post by DCER »

Hi,

it's converting the application path wrongly - there should be spaces instead of %20, I've uploaded 0.6.5a, let me know if it works now. If not I'll remove it. It's used for finding UE's help files, but those aren't critical.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

DCER,

perfect :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I like it. :wink: I have even tested the monster problem and works perfect now.

And I love added features.

thunderchero
DCER
Code Master
Code Master

Post by DCER »

good to hear :D let me know if you find any bugs :)
DCER
Code Master
Code Master

Post by DCER »

It's been reported to me that the upgrades get messed up when adding new ships. I've uploaded a fix for this - version 0.6.5b

Tested on clean stbof.res, copied ships that don't upgrade from anything and those that do. Everything looked fine. If you still see wrong upgrades, they might be leftovers from before.

If any more bugs are found let me know :D

EDIT:

In my endless wisdom I had a hunch the same problem might be happening when removing ships. Good thing no one downloaded 0.6.5b yet because it is happening there and version 0.6.5c is out to fix this. :P
Wraith
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Wraith »

I`ve noticed that the UE 0.6.5 c doesnt show the right morale penalties for the game, I tried to open it to change the penalties on UDM III and there were all altered in a crazy way.

UE 0.5.8 displays the information correctly though.
DCER
Code Master
Code Master

Post by DCER »

Thank you, I'll take a look at it.
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

@ Wrath ...it's not just me who's seen that?

yeah with that every stat for the cards is set to +3 no matter what they do, and there's some interesting changes for some of the other races as well. When this has happened, i've just made the changes i wanted to do, thn alter the anomolous ones back to roughly where they were, either by memory or based on what makes the empires tick. (i'e decen bonus for klingons for winning battles and whatnot)

I never realised it was UE itself altering the stats.
Computers! [Expletive deleted]

My 4shared folder
DCER
Code Master
Code Master

Post by DCER »

I'm really sorry about that. I've uploaded a dev version in the dev folder, it should have this bug fixed.

It'll also allow you to make ship packs and install ships from them, but I only did a few tests so it may be buggy. Old ship packs won't work, because they are missing texture.lst.

A ship pack requires:

tga files, hob files, textures, texture.lst, and a file that ends with "phasers".

The textures need to be registered in texture.lst and the texture indexes set correctly in the hob files.

palette.lst is optional, if missing UE will use the palette from the gif.

Right now UE will try to trim the palette.lst everytime you install a ship model, but will not warn you yet if the number of palettes still exceeds 127.

EDIT:

Also when exporting UE will only use the _a.hob file. This is because if it uses _b and _c which have no textures set, the imported ship will be invisible. This seems to have something to do with some slots not using textures from _a.hob when displaying _b.hob or _c.hob

EDIT 2:

Released 0.6.5d which should have the morale penalty bug fixed as well.
vampiric_hoshi
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by vampiric_hoshi »

Not sure if it can already do this, but is it possible to give UE the ability to set scaling for ships?
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

It could be possible to do with UE but has not been added as a new function yet :wink:

UE will set combat distance but I have had no luck using it without shrinking research and screensaver views.

scaling of models is done by hex editing trek.exe.

check this post;

viewtopic.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=299

thunderchero

Return to “Ultimate Editor”