Ultimate Editor; support/discussion/questions

Moderator: thunderchero

Borealis999
Ensign
Ensign

UE Ship Editor

Post by Borealis999 »

Hi Guys,

I have been trying to change some of the ships if AAML. The Editor loads and opens the stbof.res file, but I can't seem to change the ships. I would like to change the Galaxy X for the Vesta and the Galaxy Stardrive for the Luna as I have never really liked either of those ships. However, I have tried all the methods described in the editor notes and I can't remove, change, or add ships. Is there something I'm not doing correctly?

Many thanks

B
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Re: UE Ship Editor

Post by thunderchero »

Borealis999
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Borealis999 »

Thunderchero

Yes I did. The problem I have is that the left side of the Add/Remove Ship window doesn't work properly. I am unable to use the buttons for the ships I wish to change. For example, I wish to change the Galaxy X for the Vesta. I opened the ship pack, I highlight the Vesta, I find and highlight the Galaxy X. However, I can't import the Vesta. The import button is not available to use for either the Galaxy X or the Galaxy Stardrive. I wanted to put the Luna Class in for the Stardrive as well. Neither new ship is importable to either old ship slots. In fact, the only slot I am able to do anything with is an unused slot - which is good as I wanted update one of the Miranda Class ships to a Soyuz Class - but I can't do the other ships.

B
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

The slots you are tring to use is a "shared phaser slot" (3 ships on same phaser slot)

you need to follow this section

"Second tutorial; Adding model using 2 models on same phaser slot."
(Note: this all works the same if tring to put 3 models on same phaser slot).

it sounds like the issue is ship scale must match before import.

if you edit scale of the galaxy class (H) all 3 of the shared slot will change scale.

so when you edit galaxy edit scale to match ship you are attempting to import.

you might also need to import the galaxy class with a scale that matches vesta and luna
Borealis999
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Borealis999 »

TC

Firstly, I hope you don't mind me contracting your name. If you do mind, please let me know.

Secondly, Thank you for your reply. It was a great help. It helped me to understand what I was doing wrong. I have now made the changes I was hoping to do. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Many thanks

B

Return to “Ultimate Editor”