recently Sweethawk asked how to create multi "mod" installers.
This may be difficult to some but easy to others, this will just depend on your coding abilities.Sweethawk wrote:Hello people,
Question: How do you actually created as a multi-Install Mod exe.Datei ??? The subject would interest me ^^ .
first download this file sample_single_exe_installer.rar
next extract rar to your "C:\ drive" the location is important, if you want to use in different location you can do this but many entries in "script.iss" would need to be edited.
next inside the folder you just extracted you will need to install a few programs used to by the scripts for mod creation.
run "ispack-5.5.3.exe" installer (this program opens iss file and will compile new mod installer).
run "ISSI-Setup.exe" installer (this is an addon set of scripts used by installer) You should install to default location "C:\ drive" the location is important, if you want to use in different location you can do this but many entries in "script.iss" would need to be edited.
First lets test if every thing is installed properly.
open the "script.iss" file in "SSM" folder you placed in C:\ drive.
it should look like this. (photoshoped so you can see everything)
next find the compile button in tool bar and compile script.
you should have a new file in your "SSM" folder named "sample_Mod.exe" run this file to install test mod. (this mod is the exact same as vanilla except it will use a different folder "SSM folder" and the trek.exe has been edited to also use this folder.
Starting your mod
first plan out your mod, things you will need.
- Name of your mod Ultimate Dominion Mod, Balance of Power, Ultimate mod 5 be sure not to use any that are currently in use.
- folder prefix example UDM, BOP, UM5 be sure not to use any that are currently in use.
- select or create an icon from the icon folder in "sample single exe installer" be sure not to use any that are currently in use.
- keep a Readme.doc up to date.
Before you start editing create a new folder and name it your mods folder " examples UDM, BOP, UM5 (size 4 max)" then copy from "SSM folder" the folder "Install files" and folder "Mod files" and file "script.iss" this script.iss is the one you will edit.
Editing the "script.iss" file
- Use the "Replace" function in search tab to make a few changes.
- first thing to replace is "SSM" to your folder prefix (all instances).
- next replace "Sample Mod" with the name of your mod (all instances).
- on line 13 and 66 "18C94B21-9C7B-11D0-933A-SSM08CEA8357" on first release this will not need to be changed, but to prevent multiplayer conflicts the "08" after your "SSM" (folder prefix) should be changed to short version number.
- on line 24 "sample_mod" replace with the name of your mod (use underscore instead of spaces).
- on line 30 and 36 change "1.0.0" to what ever version you plan to release.
- on line 32 change "your name" to either you real name or user name.
- on line 44 this will be edited after you install your mod for release, to the size of the install path in bytes.
- on line 60 you will need to edit "Version; ValueData: SSM1.0" you only need to edit "SSM1.0" this is your folder prefix + short version number.
Editing the "mod.kix" file
Inside the "Mod files" folder you will find a file named "mod.kix" open this file with your hex editor.
there is only one thing to change within this file. Do a search for "SSM" (this should be on line 68) change this to your folder prefix you used in "script.iss".
save "mod.kix" and close.
Editing the "trek.exe" file
- If you have already started editing your mod copy your edited trek.exe to "Mod files\normal" folder, replace file that is already in folder.
- next you would want to change your icon of the trek.exe, you can do this with reshack or most any icon changing program. note; do not change the size of the trek.exe or UE will not work.
- next you would need to hex edit 2 locations in the trek.exe at 0x174357 and 0x17b09f change SSM to your folder prefix.
Your edited file must be placed in the correct locations.
- All file that are within the stbof.res need to be placed in the "res" folder.
- If you have edited any file that is located in the "ENGLISH" folder they should be placed in "res\English" folder.
- "INTRO.WAV" should be placed in "mod files" folder.
- "alt.res" should be placed in "mod files" folder.
- "music.snd" should be placed in "mod files" folder.
- "english.snd" should be placed in "mod files" folder. Note; file must be renamed to sound.snd
- "sfx.snd" should be placed in "mod files" folder.
- "readme.doc" should be placed in "Install files" folder.
- "stbof.BMP" should be placed in "Install files" folder. note; this is only used by installer as background image during install (if you rename file "script.iss" must match file name).
- "trek.ico" should be placed in "Install files" folder. (this should match the Icon you change fro trek.exe)
If you have any questions just ask. (I am sure I forgot a few things, I do these without thinking anymore)