Mpr++ Graphic Engine Preview

MPR++; support/discussion/questions

Moderator: thunderchero

Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Re: Mpr++ Graphic Engine Preview

Post by Flocke »

I am sure there'll follow more videos. But without jerking I hope.
With high interest however you might pm me to enlist for alpha testing. :wink:
anjel
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by anjel »

Gh0st wrote:Hey Flocke,

is it posibile to tape a third video with some 360° shots from your vorcha and neghvar? In your first video... my eyes can't catch 'em but they looks cool (alot of detials windows etc). :-)
here you go:

video 3 (youtube)
Live long and propser
Gh0st
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Gh0st »

Thanks alot, angel.

As I said before ... great job. Most of the ships looks more authentic and not rugged like the original models. Some of the cardassian ships still looks a bit to different in regard to the color-patterns (among the classes) but thats nonrelevant in comparison to the whole work. Very, very brillant work Flocke.
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

Gh0st wrote:Thanks alot, angel.

As I said before ... great job. Most of the ships looks more authentic and not rugged like the original models. Some of the cardassian ships still looks a bit to different in regard to the color-patterns (among the classes) but thats nonrelevant in comparison to the whole work. Very, very brillant work Flocke.
thank you, will keep at it, and am sure more great ships and stuff are to come. :smile:
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

Flocke wrote:and am sure more great ships and stuff are to come.
I wonder what you could be talking about. :roll: :wink: :roll:

thunderchero
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Martok »

anjel wrote: video 3 (youtube)

Thanks anjel! Those look mighty fine. :)

And a huge thanks to Flocke for all the time & effort you've put into this. May it continue to bear fruit. :cool:

I have to confess something, though: I'm still not entirely clear on the ultimate goal of all this.

Is it to replace the graphics engine in the vanilla game? Is it being integrated in any way with QD's project? Is it intended for those working on the various BOTF2 projects?

Sorry for the dumb questions, but I'm a little fuzzy on what (if you'll pardon the pun) the end-game for all this work is for. :?:
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

Your question is welcome Martok. :smile:

The mpr++ project replaces the old mpr97 graphics engine of botf vanilla and also does work with all the mods.
It also intercepts user input, and adds new autosave functionality with lots of options for further enhancements to good old botf.
Right now I'm working on integrating python with it so you can add menu controls to botf and do other fancy stuff via simple python scripting.

Where in the end we get only future can tell, but by now I only see possibilities in modding and extending botf rather than limits. :wink:

Integration with other projects I don't think is possible as mpr++ is bound to trek.exe binary code. E.g. it's dependent on the whole botf combat calculation. Eventually parts of the engine could be adapted and shared but there are no plans for.
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Martok »

Thanks for the response Flocke. That definitely clears things up for me...and gives me (even more) hope for the longevity of this great game. :grin:
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal
SeaBee-T
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by SeaBee-T »

It's like a veil was uncovered and my eyes began feasting on HD! Good job and can't wait to give it a go!

(Long time lurker logging in just to post ;) )
Dr_Breen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Dr_Breen »

8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O

looks like i soon have to make a new tutorial about how to install mpr++ and add ships to it
Public BotF / EF2 Teamspeak 3 Server: 83.169.13.55
JeanLucPicard1
Commander
Commander

Post by JeanLucPicard1 »

Where can I download MPR++ 2.5c?
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

JeanLucPicard1 wrote:Where can I download MPR++ 2.5c?
There is no public release, but
Flocke wrote:With high interest however you might pm me to enlist for alpha testing.
and 0.2.5c is no longer current version. :wink:

thunderchero
adi
Commander
Commander

MPR++ questions

Post by adi »

I have a few questions about MPR++;
I uninstalled it but then the game did not work any more; it was asking for the .dll; can MPR++ be safely uninstalled? Please let me know how would you do it, even if I need to do a few manual steps.
Also which is the latest version and where can i get it from? With the 0.2.5c i had in larger battles my game was too slow so if there's a new one there i'd like to try it.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

adi wrote:can MPR++ be safely uninstalled?
yes and no, if no changes were made between the time of install of mpr++ and the time you uninstall the current version should uninstall correctly. (MPR++ is not "modable freindly" at this stage. adding ships and changes in general.)
adi wrote:Please let me know how would you do it
to uninstall 0.2.5a (0.2.5c does not have this option) just run installer select the path you want uninstalled change to uninstall on additional task page and run. (0.2.5c you would need a backup of trek.exe before mpr++ was installed)
adi wrote:With the 0.2.5c i had in larger battles my game was too slow so if there's a new one there i'd like to try it.
this problem is still presently in all versions of MPR++. until all the special effect can be replaced this will remain. also there will be no public release until this is resolved.

thunderchero
adi
Commander
Commander

Post by adi »

Thanks for the replies Thunder.
You were right i had chances made in trek.exe (more tech levels) and did not think to do a backup until it was too late.
MPR++ is awesome visually but as of now in battles it takes the fun out of the game.
I am now using your method for running in Win8, with the game in the upper left corner, so thanks for that also. If i change the resolution to 1024*768 it is almost full screen.

Return to “MPR++”