MPR++; support/discussion/questions

Moderator: thunderchero

Kenshin
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Re: Mpr++ Graphic Engine Preview

Post by Kenshin »

Hello,

Just been playing with this as win8 and botf is a no go without it. Tested on vanilla and galaxies mod and seems fine in combat and tech screens. Combat feels really smooth, this may differ once I try with a large number of ships but 6v6 ran fine, cpu didn't peak over 20%.

The one issue i'm having is that it opens windowed (not really a problem, i know how to change to fullscreen) and on my secondary monitor not my primary which the game will do when not using the mpr++ mod.

Is it possible in the ini to force it to open on monitor 1 not 2? If I drag the game over to the primary monitor it crashes. :/
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

thx for report, will check out the monitor issue
right now I think it opens where 0,0 screen coordinate is located by windows, no option to change implemented yet but should be an easy fix
Kenshin
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Kenshin »

Just tried WNDRES=WORKSPACE and it opened on main monitor, fullscreen window mode. Gonna keep playing around with the settings but for now that makes the game playable for me! :D
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

:lol: nice
surprised that works but great it does :up:
Kenshin
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Kenshin »

Indeed. The F8 fullscreen toggle works fine too! I like the fps toggle as well, constant 100fps in combat. :)
adi
Commander
Commander

Post by adi »

Kenshin wrote:I like the fps toggle as well, constant 100fps in combat. :)
let me know how it goes when you have 100+ ships in combat; Flocke ruined Botf for me with MPR++; the ships look soooo gooooood :shock: ; once i tried MPR++ i don't want to go back playing without it; but in battles with more ships :evil:
but i'm confident and patient; well at least the first one :wink:
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

adi wrote:
Kenshin wrote:I like the fps toggle as well, constant 100fps in combat. :)
let me know how it goes when you have 100+ ships in combat; Flocke ruined Botf for me with MPR++; the ships look soooo gooooood :shock: ; once i tried MPR++ i don't want to go back playing without it; but in battles with more ships :evil:
but i'm confident and patient; well at least the first one :wink:
Haha, yeah, but trust me, I'm eager for it more than you! :lol:
Dafedz
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Dafedz »

This is awesome I can't wait to see this go live. Just as a heads up, I have a fair few models from way back that would be ripe for inclusion here. You probably already have most models already covered, but I could supply: Akira, Ambassador, Constitution, Excelsior, Daedalus, Intrepid, Prometheus, Miranda (2 types), Soyuz, Centaur, New Orleans, and several Cardassian, Romulan and alien designs.

I noticed one of my old ones in the video, the old Gildron-class Cardassian cruiser, which has been nicely re-textured, by Thunder I think, so nice!
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

I can't tell you much on what ship models are used and who did the original mesh actually.
So far they all were converted, altered and retextured by thunderchero and I thank alot for all his work on it.
Some copy information from where the models are is included I think.

Help and more meshes are always welcome. :)
For each mod they'll have to be redone or converted to work well with the new graphic engine.
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

Dafedz, the MPR can be downloaded and tested out. The more people to use it the better, because more bugs will be worked out :up:
Not for the weak of heart...
Galaxies MOD v0.4.0 <--- GALM/Galaxies Mod latest version
ruthlessferengi
Multiple Tournament Champion
Multiple Tournament Champion

Post by ruthlessferengi »

Flocke and all the modders here at the AFC did an amazing job of moving this project forward. I had the privilege to compare the previous versions of MPR in sp and mp context and I am impressed how the previously idendified issues were addressed in a systematic manner. The latest version of MPR is truly superb from graphics and user interface point of view. 1024 update is awesome. MPR also makes BOTF playable in win 8, no small feat.... SP has been very stable for me. Vanilla mp testing went very smoothly. I tested this game with TC in multiship combat with well over 300 ships and I tell you - this baby performed beautifully. You can now play MP on a single computer, making hotseat setting possible. While more work is still needed to address minor compatibility glitches with other mods and some videocards, I am confident this will be resolved...

I hear people pining for the BOTF2 ...well, we need to realize that the game we have now still packs a ton of excitement and surprise. With MPR in the works, and, hopefully network engine update, BOTF gets out of ICU and off into a brave world where it can easily compete for attention with other games. to my mind, even with all its' flaws, it is unrivalled as far as ST strategy games go... so give this game a chance.
Relevance is a post hoc phenomenon

На безптичье и жопа воробей...
Ancient Klingon Battlecry
Dafedz
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Dafedz »

Yeh I agree, there's still plenty of life left in the old girl.

I do want to test out MPR, but it's probably best to wait until I get the development of UM5 out the way first, as this mod deals with plenty of ships probably not included with the new MPR just yet, so one thing at a time. I am definitely very eager to try it!
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

thanks for the warm words :)
I believe BotF has a great future ahead. It always was my favorite game and I simply refuse to watch it die.
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

Kenshin wrote:The one issue i'm having is that it opens windowed (not really a problem, i know how to change to fullscreen) and on my secondary monitor not my primary which the game will do when not using the mpr++ mod.
I just tested this with a 2nd monitor plugged to my laptop and experienced same issues. It doesn't crash for me when moving the window to first screen but it wents black and even worse in full screen on 2nd monitor the mouse input doesn't align with cursor.
I definitely will take account on multi monitor support next release.
So long in [display] setting group in mpr++.ini you can set POSITION=-1000x0 or something as windows assignes first display negative coordinates with a second one plugged. Check the INI-Manual if you couldn't make sense of what I talked. ;)
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

Surrender to my new fearsome Hybrid-K'Vort ship class! :twisted:

new mpr++ v0.2.6c is ready now
above multi monitor issue is fixed and some other additions come with it
when interested to participate in alpha testing, like before send me a pm

I'm looking forward to anjel's next video :D

cheers

Return to “MPR++”