MPR++ v0.2.6c open for alpha testing

MPR++; support/discussion/questions

Moderator: thunderchero

thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Re: MPR++ v0.2.6c open for alpha testing

Post by thunderchero »

CosmicRays wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:07 am I will get the error messages from the MPR++ install because i noticed that there are Python errors during the install.
MPR++ has no error messages built into installer..... :shock:

the only thing the mpr++ installer does with "Python" is copy files.

so if you see any errors during install you should delete the installer file and re-download it, it sounds like file is corrupted during downloading or antivirus/security software is preventing proper installation.

Edit; Quote from UDM Dominion War Scenario topic
CosmicRays wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:05 am FYI I found an issue where, with MPR++ (maybe relevant) my game crashes whenever I:

1. Select to "Fight" cloaked ships as the Feds
2. Look at the ship data base as the Feds
if this is happening only on the "UDM Dominion War Scenario" saved game, this would not be un-expected
The UDM Dominion War Scenario saves are not compatible with current version of UDM or any version of MPR++.
Kaitane
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Kaitane »

Hi, could I get a link please.
Thanks
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

Kaitane wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:27 pm Hi, could I get a link please.
Thanks
sure, sent you a message
AwesomeArab
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by AwesomeArab »

Hello,

I would like a link please. Thank you!
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

welcome, sent you the link
Mr_Sloan
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Mr_Sloan »

I got a copy of Mpr++ and is very very fast in turn processing and stable.

I request to became an alpha tester for mpr++

I also like to use planet mod and modify it a bit for more canon (add ships from UDM)
and adjust stats for canon and better playablity e.g. more upkeep more expensive colony ships etc. but bigger colonys to start with for overall faster games in terms of turns and real life time. i would love to share that with people who want to play on gameranger.
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

When you got a copy you already are an alpha tester :)
Once I got my RL sorted I'll definitely want to give mpr++ another shot. It'll be massive work though and I'm not ready for this endeavour yet.

As for modding the planet mod, as long you keep it private just go ahead. No reservations to that. But when you go sharing it public, you better ask the original mod authors or see viewtopic.php?f=4&t=651

If you're going to share mpr++ with it, no reservations to that either as long you keep clear that it is an early alpha and comes with a few issues. Don't expect any support for it, it's just been out for testing and by the massive requests. ;)

Ah and just to make things clear, mpr++ has no effect on the turn processing time! It is a graphic rendering replacement, nothing more.
Mr_Sloan
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Mr_Sloan »

thank you :)

ok then i will share it only with people who agreed to play with me that i find on the internet, one by one and add a txt that it is alpha and that no redistribution or publication is allowed and that stuff is created by different people (models, mpr++ etc.) and share my mod to single pleople via their e-mail dropbox share. I also consider my installation folder, its the savest way to get the same versio. of course the player still need to install birth vanilla themsleve, no overriding of that requirement.

then why is my game so much faster (turn processing) after installing mpr++? i mean really faster... (installed over vanilla with 1080p)

Also friends want MPR++ am i allowed to give it to them or shell i tell them to registerer here and post a request here?
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

Mr_Sloan wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:33 am then why is my game so much faster (turn processing) after installing mpr++? i mean really faster... (installed over vanilla with 1080p)
Weird, is it the same game or a new one with possibly different settings or starting conditions affecting the turn time?
Other than that, when you use 1080p, what is the memory usage with and without mpr++, maybe that has an effect.

In the end I hardly can tell what crazy calculation the turn processing might do, but when you turn off the mpr++ autosave and patch back the ships hob file replacements it should even be multiplayer compatible with unpatched vanilla botf. And I really can't imagine that the hob models are considered for ai combat calculation nor does mpr++ in any way lighten the autosave.
Mr_Sloan wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:33 am Also friends want MPR++ am i allowed to give it to them or shell i tell them to registerer here and post a request here?
Feel free to pass it on. I'm not going to check on you nor do I track to whom I've already handed a link. :D
The only reason I kept it private here on afc is that I already knew on some major issues like the ui freeze during turn processing I wanted to fix and still havn't... :neutral:
Mr_Sloan
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Mr_Sloan »

thx. i wrote a message to Joker, if he is fine with the planet mod. hope he is still responding, otherwise i need to find a way to make home system bigger, don´t know if it is easy or not.

mpr++ runs in dynamic window mode. maybe vanilla 1080 does not like full screen? also the cursor is much more responding, thats why i love mpr++ so much :)

I use flash drive and 16 gig of memory. will test how many memory 1080p vs. mpr++ uses later.
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

Mr_Sloan wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:29 am thx. i wrote a message to Joker, if he is fine with the planet mod. hope he is still responding,
Joker last signed in was 2009 so don't expect a response.
but as I told you as long it is only given to friends and not publicly distributed you are fine. no permission is required.
Mr_Sloan
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Mr_Sloan »

ok.
Last edited by Mr_Sloan on Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

Mr_Sloan wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:09 am @Flocke maybe you can give me a link after all to be sure to have the right one.
Sure, in early times in addition to the pure mpr++ installer there's been a 1024 version out that integrated a 1024x768 resolution patch. On mpr++ itself nothing changed but like thunderchero mentioned the integrated resolution patch is obsolete by now.

sent you the link
dfcrcesar
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by dfcrcesar »

Hello,

I lost the MPR file I had, I would like a link to download it again,

Cya
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker