ECML & MPR++ 0.2.6c Minors Don't Fire Phasers

MPR++; support/discussion/questions

Moderator: thunderchero

JeanLucPicard1
Commander
Commander

ECML & MPR++ 0.2.6c Minors Don't Fire Phasers

Post by JeanLucPicard1 »

I didn't want the Feds to have blue phasers in ECML, so I went into the hob mappings in MPR++ and changed the hob files of the Feds with ones for the Ferengi. For example, I changed <hob name="Hphaser.hob" target="phasers\Hphaser"/> to <hob name="Hphaser.hob" target="phasers\Fphaser"/>

Since the change, minor races will not display the phaser or torpedo animation. I can hear them firing weapons, but I don't see it. So I tried to set the minors to behave like other races (Feds for example), to see if that'd fix it. It was no use. Any way I can't keep using the Ferengi phasers for the Feds without causing this glitch?
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Re: ECML & MPR++ 0.2.6c Minors Don't Fire Phasers

Post by thunderchero »

I was just thinking, It might be easier to just duplicate the Fphaser image and re-name it to Hphaser
JeanLucPicard1
Commander
Commander

Post by JeanLucPicard1 »

That's a good idea, except the Fphaser image doesn't exist under default/res like I thought it would. The file was not accidentally deleted. I haven't been able to fix the problem any other way either.
res_folder.JPG
res_folder.JPG (59.7 KiB) Viewed 4407 times
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

opps I forgot, the base_phaser.png holds colors used for all phasers you would need to edit that file.

move color lines you want to the color lines you want to replace (height is only 3 pixel) be sure to delete old section first since image is transparent.
JeanLucPicard1
Commander
Commander

Post by JeanLucPicard1 »

I'm a writer, not an artist Jim. In other words, I'm not exactly the Pablo Picasso of digital art. My skills with photo editing software are limited to the extent where I can open an image in MSPaint and draw a line or use an eraser, lol. Would you be able to edit the file then post upload it here?
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

replaced blue with orange
base_phaser.png
base_phaser.png (3.18 KiB) Viewed 4347 times
you will need to reset any changes you made or re-install mpr++ before adding file.

good luck
JeanLucPicard1
Commander
Commander

Post by JeanLucPicard1 »

Excellent. Thank you Thunder. After swapping pngs and updating HobMappings.xml, the Feds have orange phasers without having to make changes to the hob textures. However, I am still using HPhotons for the Ferengi. I also need to start another game and play long enough to see if it fixed the issue with the minor race ships.
JeanLucPicard1
Commander
Commander

Post by JeanLucPicard1 »

Ok, I did more testing. Had to find a minor (Vulcans) race, then build a ship weak enough so they wouldn't retreat. I built a Fed Science (Oberth) II and entered tactical combat.

I could still hear the Vulcan Ship firing phasers and torpedoes, but couldn't hear them. In this case, I am going to assume that there's another problem with the minor race ships. I know if I changed them to be built by Feds, or any other race they'd work. Do you think it's a problem with MPR++?
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Flocke wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:08 pm Not sure but I think some time it was reported that for some strange reason phasers and torpedos don't show for all the minors.
If I remember correct, another issue with the rendering sometimes was the camera view. If too near or too far or at certain angles the animation was clipped. This might also be affected by some ship stats which would easily explain why some minor ships show no animation while others do.
but it is possible you should re-install when you get a chance. if possible
JeanLucPicard1
Commander
Commander

Post by JeanLucPicard1 »

A reasonable suggestion. Trying to remember if I already did though. I will probably reinstall later this week as it takes a bit of time.

It's true that the animations wouldn't render if too close or at a certain angle with non-minor ships. But BOTF has always been like that. I can just adjust the camera for that.

Hopefully, it will work right for minors after reinstall.

Return to “MPR++”