scale editing

model phaser standards and ship scale; support/discussion/questions

Moderator: thunderchero

thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

scale editing

Post by thunderchero »

Hi Everyone,

victory has asked about editing new ship scale in live chat.

the first image editing this screen will not effect ship scale.

Editing this will effect distace between ships, larger values will make ships further apart, smaller will make them closer and may overlap. Also larger number will make ships display in research screen smaller, and smaller numbers will make ships display larger in research screen.

Editing this will change placement not increase ship scale (left, right, forward, back, up, down) increasing all numbers evenly has no effect on scale

Note; when editing any value on this page it must be done to all 3 hob file (a,b,c hob) the same.

this next image is only screen that will effect ship scale.

this is the drawback of sharing slots all ship using same slot will also share scale. there is no way to edit only one of these ships.

This will edit scale of the slot that is selected larger value larger ship will display in combat, smaller values will display smaller ships in combat. But not effect how ships display in research screen.

thunderchero
Victory
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Re: scale editing

Post by Victory »

awesome this answered my question and allowed me to do some of the things i wanted to do. i try to group like ships with like ships so that the scaling is relevant to both ships like destroyers with destroyers, etc.. i can now use the runabouts and the fighter in different roles and scale them to a realistic size. thanks again thunderchero
Dr_Breen
Commodore
Commodore

Re: scale editing

Post by Dr_Breen »

perhaps you want to put this into the HOW TO: section
Public BotF / EF2 Teamspeak 3 Server: 83.169.13.55

Return to “model phaser standards and ship scale”