BOTF for iPhone

This forum contains threads from main General Chat forum older than 3 months.

Moderator: thunderchero

JeanNYGUARD
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

BOTF for iPhone

Post by JeanNYGUARD »

Hey Yall

I want to put out a general call for anyone interested in joining a project I want to develop. The project would be to create a Lite version of Star Trek Birth of The Federation for the iPhone. I got inpired to do a project like this after I played a few games on the iPhone (Civilization & Archangel) and realized... that a BOTF type game would work for the iPhone.

This would be a very simple game to do. There would be no combat graphics to worry about (Each battle would be auto-computed) and we would limit the amount of content and mircomanagement in the game. Basically we would concentrate on Ship movement, production, diplomacy, research and some espionage. Each would be scaled down and easier to make than a full deluxe game like BOTF.

Im handling all the work that needs to be done with CBS about licensing rights, which means once the games done you will be paid for your time. But this isnt really about the money... this is about having a strategy Star Trek game for The iPhone... and soon after other smartphones. So we can fight the Borg, develop colonies & allies and combat Klingons all while on the way to work.

This is what I need. People who are experienced with

- Game Design
- Programming : Specifically Objective-C (MAC)
- Art & Graphics

So if your experienced and interested please contact me @ jeanalltrekkie@yahoo.com . This project wont be a burden or stress you out. This is purely to be done on your off time. Were going to have fun making a great game.

Thanks for your time guys and gals.

Q'PLA
Archos
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Archos »

Sounds interesting, and I hope t goes well for you, but BOTF without manual Combat isn't BOTF for me :( Maybe you'll be able to fit that in somehow, I mean, it only takes 800mb of Harddrive
Captain Nathan Dixon
Executive Officer, Starbase Pegasus
Siren Fleet
http://pegasus.siren-fleet.com/forums
Mountain
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Mountain »

How are you getting along with this? Sounds like one I'd be interested in.
OllsMcAllister
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by OllsMcAllister »

Excited but have no skills to offer :(
avien
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by avien »

hope this actually materializes. Good luck. I might make one suggestion and that is don't limit yourself to the iphone. This would work fantastically on the iPads 9.7" screen.
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

If you are interested you should get started on this project.

you should have noticed the original date of first post it is almost 2 years old. so I doubt anyone is currently working on project.

thunderchero
avien
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by avien »

thunderchero wrote:If you are interested you should get started on this project.

you should have noticed the original date of first post it is almost 2 years old. so I doubt anyone is currently working on project.

thunderchero
the devil is in the detail - I didn't even notice at all. My own coding skills are very modest and mostly restricted to Armada ship additions. But I may try to talk my brother into doing a botf trek 4x game

Return to “General Chat Archive”