Why are there so few multiplayer game

This forum contains threads from main General Chat forum older than 3 months.

Moderator: thunderchero

Why are you not playing

Poll ended at Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:22 am

Connection problems
18%
I did not know you could multi-player game
9%
not enough players at my skill level
5%
You enjoy single player game more
14%
I don't have the time to play
27%
other reasons
27%

Total votes: 22

Mentat
Commander
Commander

Post by Mentat »

Just an idea: Why don't those who like to play MP games ad a reasonable timeframe in their sig, when they possibly pop in WZ?

E.g.:
MP availabilty: Sat Sun between 6-12pm GMT -1

This might help to create a more active MP comunity. I sense that MP can be pretty entertaining as Thunder, Flocke, Krazee and Carchers game-report shows. AARs as such may also help to inspire more activity.
Dominion Wars - Scenario
to be released for UDM3.0.1a !
carcher
Commander
Commander

Post by carcher »

guys i think your all worrying too much about times and dates, most mp players just go into warzone ( other games lobby not the botf lobby, coz thunders multi installer dont work in that room) get chatting and get a game going,if you dont have time to finish , no prob , just save it,keep the file safe and finish again later.

port testing and portforwarding can be a real pain in the **** as can allowing stuff in your firewall, have a read of this thread ..lots of info and i hope to see you in there.

http://armadafleetcommand.com/onscreen/ ... topic&t=43
for the world is hollow and i have touched the sky....and one day mickar.....one day.....one sweet day......HAS ARRIVED!! HAPPY DAYS :D
Sir_Carnifex
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Sir_Carnifex »

Can I reply here? Option "Other" because I don't have the game. :P

About the dial-up, I played a first person shooter on dial-up for years and if THAT worked, I don't think a turn-based game would have any problems in comparison. I even knew someone who used 28k dial-up for the FPS game. At least in BOTF you don't need to worry about lag (at least I assume that).

SirC

Return to “General Chat Archive”