call for civility...

This forum contains threads from main General Chat forum older than 3 months.

Moderator: thunderchero

ruthlessferengi
Multiple Tournament Champion

call for civility...

Post by ruthlessferengi »

Lately there were a bunch of heated and, at times, ugly, debates about what constitutes the right way to play and mod this game we all love. “SP is dumb, MP rocksâ€
Relevance is a post hoc phenomenon

На безптичье и жопа воробей...
Ancient Klingon Battlecry
sean_west
Commander
Commander

Post by sean_west »

We said,

Most of use "elders" I am sure can remember the heavy flames surrounding the fisrt BOTF Tournament.

I very nearly didn't happen, but in the end this community pulled together and won the day.

In so many episodes of ST, the same thing happens, Starfleet meets and unusual alien race, like Carcher :) They fire phasers and Torpedoes then make up and complete their mission.

It is a testiment to this community that despite our differences, our love for ST keeps us together.

"Our past is bloody, but our future is bright. The same was true at the birth of the Federation"
Like the bad guy from so many horror films,

I have returned
ruthlessferengi

Post by ruthlessferengi »

sean_west wrote:We said,

Most of use "elders" I am sure can remember the heavy flames surrounding the fisrt BOTF Tournament.
if i am an "elder" - which i am not :)) just dabbler - , then dissy, mickar and their contemporaries would rightly be classified as prehistoric or pleozoic - these guys have had tourneys back in msn like there were no tomorrow:) all the more reason to try to listen to each other and not get cocky.

i agree, there is good future for us

edit: scratch prehistoric - more like founders.
Last edited by ruthlessferengi on Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Relevance is a post hoc phenomenon

На безптичье и жопа воробей...
Ancient Klingon Battlecry
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

[edited]
hm... guess most things happen because of the fear of loosing something. as humans we always have to get. We have to compensate that we loose all day. No matter if we do anything or not.
ok so much for buddhism. back to Botf and afc.

As someone wrote in another thread. It's nice that we can discuss changes in mods with the modders about pro and contras and so on. I really like that, too.
It is perhaps unique and speaks for the persons behind the mods.

But everyone should be aware of that you have to break an egg to make an omelet. Its normal and on the other side needed. Don't take anything personal and don't try to convince others with all power that your opinion is the only right one. It isn't.
(it is a long learning process to get this one... really...)

I dislike to waste my energy and thats nothing a constructive discussion is about or should be. I often like to discuss.
And I don't claim to be right every time. I can accept my failures and I'm glad to know that I can learn something through discussions and other ppl opinions. Others, never mind if you call them "elders" seem to still have to learn about these "simple" facts.

Even if I dislike some ppl (I always do almost everywhere)... things can change - I hope they will. Everything changes. Or it'll die at the end. BotF changes all day and is a proof for this statement.

So I agree to be civilised but if you can't take it don't dish it out ;)
Most of us have strong opinions and feelings about this, our favourite game and I'm ok with that.

Another thing which came up to my mind is that some things may sound harsher then they actually are. If you debate in a different language then discussions are harder and you (re)act perhaps a bit rude. So as we are from all over the world and try to translate into the "world-language" and use our own specific country-region-dependent-verbal-features (keywords: "loss of information during communication") while doing this... erm yea...

we should be tolerant to each others and forgiving...

Like Buddha and Jesus

It's only the way that counts at the end. And this game went a long one as yet and I'm sure and I hope it will be continued. With all of your help. I also have to say that this thread was a good idea. Well done Ruthlessferengi.

As we all know the internet could need more pages like this one here. But to help to create a good atmosphere is our members task. In a bad atmosphere noone wants to play mp. that's a fact and one of the "other reasons".

KrazeeXXL

-

not a name - its a "normal" subjective view to all things - because they're krazeexxl - at least for me... ;)
[/edited]

Return to “General Chat Archive”