Unusual Klingon Propaganda video

This forum contains threads from main General Chat forum older than 3 months.

Moderator: thunderchero

MrD
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Unusual Klingon Propaganda video

Post by MrD »

The style reminds me of propaganda materials created by various dictatorships in the past.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6zDg0dK ... r_embedded

Come to think of it, I don't speak Klingon.
Could anyone translate this please? :)
Brodibble
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Brodibble »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9sFyY9L ... onse_watch

same video with subtitles, it's actually linked in the video responses underneath. ;)

nice find btw :)
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

hm, dunno what to think about. It is weird. Reminds me a bit to actual chinese propaganda. At least the music. The rest is an odd mixture.

hm concept of enemies. perhaps we need some. Guess w/o them we would perhaps fight each others.

What can I also say?
I don't really like it. It hasn't a pointline. Except the freaky similiar to chinese sounding thingy in the background.

Strange but interesting.
eber3
Captain
Captain

Post by eber3 »

Klingon Propaganda? Isn't that the Obama youth? lol
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

I'm glad you didn't write "J.J. Abrams" :lol:
eber3
Captain
Captain

Post by eber3 »

KrazeeXXL wrote:I'm glad you didn't write "J.J. Abrams" :lol:
Nah, Abrams couldn't make a youtube video that good. :lol:
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

but...he had "make it cool!" regardless of ... anything else :lol:

now you know that I watched the special dvd of "the reboot" yesterday ;)
anjel
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by anjel »

Great video. I think, all of us know, deep in our heart, that this video reflects something real, and that´s that the klingon are a race of warriors who expand their territory by conquering. Their goverment is managed by the most richest houses in the empire, even thoug Martok isn´t. So that let to say thar the only answer, wether you are rich or not, you´ll rule an empire who conquers by genocide...
I think that all

Live long and....
Live long and propser
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

Funny in one way, but scary in another.
Computers! [Expletive deleted]

My 4shared folder
MrD
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by MrD »

Something that has only been adressed during the original Series, for example in "Errand of Mercy", or in the Enterprise episode "Judgement" is the situation of those conquered by the Klingon Empire.
It is probably comparable to the situation of a country conquered by a European colonial power, or even worse.
I have no idea why this was never shown during TNG or DS9 except for a few comments, but the Klingons are not that nice to those they conquer.
And they DID conquer others if we are to believe what both Kirk and Worf said.
Kor complained in "Once more unto the breach" that Worf had lived too long with that democratic mob (the Federation).
And Worf said how the Klingons would deal with the Cardassian government and population in "Way of the Warrior".
I think that says a lot.
Also remember that the Klingon Empire is large, even though not as large as the Federation.
There are certainly several sentient species in that territory somewhere, even though they have never been shown.
And they obviously have nothing to say in the Klingon government.
I think the people in charge of Star Trek totally forgot about that aspect or perhaps, just perhaps it has something to do with the fact that Roddenberry wanted the Klingons to be somewhat nicer in TNG.
It has been left to the Star Fleet Universe and FASA RPGs and of course several novels to expand on the subject races and the way Klingons treat those they conquer.
eber3
Captain
Captain

Post by eber3 »

Well, the Klingons were an analogy for the USSR. Come TNG, Roddenberry wanted to show that they had changed somewhat and were now friends to the Federation. Much like Russia changed about that same time. Drawing on that established analogy, it could be possible that the Klingons released several of their conquered species just like Russia let several satellite countries go.
Antni
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Antni »

i agree that the klingons seemed to have been made softer in the TNG universe well i dont mean soft as in they were weak you could see that they were good warriors and just drunkern mobs really
"Speak for yourself sir I plan to live forever" Cmdr William Riker.
Korgeta
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Korgeta »

It is likely that as the klingon empire grew better realtions with the federation that some of their policies were reformed. Though i do agree that by DS9, I think that aspect of a;iens under klingon rule was negelected by the writers, it could have been used as a good counter point by the dominion to say 'look, the cardassians, the breen, they fight amongst us at equals (well at the time) the federation has many worlds to fight for them, but who fights for the klingons. Not the worlds they surpressed, they don't fight at all!' but they just negelcted that angle.

Thats how I feel about it, however given the romulan empire has lately lost it's home system, has no main goverment, the future that picard saw when the klingns conqured the romulans may come true after all. In that case the klingons may just go back to their old ways.

Return to “General Chat Archive”