accuracy, defence, and agility

This forum contains threads from main General Chat forum older than 3 months.

Moderator: thunderchero

ruthlessferengi
Multiple Tournament Champion

accuracy, defence, and agility

Post by ruthlessferengi »

one fool can ask so many questions so that a bunch of wise guys will be stumped... :)

My question is, how significantly do these functions affect overall performance of a ship ... i.e. at a starting level of experience, what doess accuracy of 115 really mean? I was told that 335 is the max possible - with this rating does that mean all shots fired from the ship will reach their target? does accuracy rating change with experience? is there a way to "look up" an accuracy rating on vet or legendary ship?

overall, by what percentage will accuracy, agility, and defence will affect the raw torp/beam firepower of a given ship? If if does not, then it simplifies things a bit... Did anybody ever check how accuracy and defence etc affect outcomes? may be we are modifying variables that simple botf engine does not take into account anyway...

reason i'd ldike to know, is to come up with a single (or doulbe) composite index that can evaluate ship's abilities to inflict and survive damage... going through the UDM3 stats it is a bit bewildering to get to know what ship can and can't do...

edit: in udm3 there are ships with accuary of 96 (kling spy) and 365 (star base)..
Relevance is a post hoc phenomenon

На безптичье и жопа воробей...
Ancient Klingon Battlecry
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

ruthlessferengi,

Here is a post on "Hit Probability"

viewtopic.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=75

335 is not max value for accuracy, max value UE will set is 65535 :wink:

thunderchero
ruthlessferengi

thanks, interesting. stil i don't understand how such small numbers of 200-300 have any influence when the value could be 65535... we either fool ourselves in believing that botf graphics engine does something with all the sexy variable we think we are feeding it, or reality is much more complicated than i take it to be...

from practical point of view, how does accuracy affect the damage? for a fire power of say 1200, and accuracy 200, how would a ship fare vs a ship with accuracy of 100 and same raw fire power?

i suppose you can have endless discussion etc but for the end-user point of view, that's all that matters

thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

ruthlessferengi wrote:or reality is much more complicated than i take it to be...
I will try to give an example from what I understand about gowrons post above. This will be a simple 1 vs 1 battle Dominion Heavy Cruiser IV vs Federation Advanced Explorer "equal class ships" from dominion attacking only.

ship "A" Dominion Heavy Cruiser IV

beam accuracy 266

torpedo accuracy 211

distance from trarget 500 meter

ship "B" Federation Advanced Explorer

defence 171

first beam accuracy

266 - 171 = 95 - (0.01 x 500 = 5) = 90% chance of hitting target

torpedo accuracy

211 - 171 = 40 - (0.01 x 500 = 5) = 35% chance of hitting target

Note; you would add to first 2 numbers your experiance of ships both attacker and defender if any.

also every different comand will alter results

I have the feeling this may have confussed you more :roll:

"I know it has for me" :wink:

thunderchero
ruthlessferengi

it clears things a bit for me, thanks:) the way i understand is - there is a weapon load to be delivered, and probabily of delivery of this load is a function of accuracy, distance and defence value of a target, all three of which can change depending on experience, presence of TTs/outpost/starbase (farther away), and orders/speed of movement...

plus there are inherent mod peculiarities.. in bop, for example, AI always targets my strike cruisers first, then the rest... in UDM i found ai attacks light ships first, then the rest... thanks

cochran556
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Re: accuracy, defence, and agility

Post by cochran556 »

Thanks, been looking for this answer. Makes prefect sense except one thing, and i think i know the answer, but just wanna make sure. With your equation above, i get its accuracy minus defense, then whatever that turns out to be minus x times the range. But where did the 0.01 come from? Ship size? Where do you get that figure?
thunderchero

Re: accuracy, defence, and agility

Post by thunderchero »

cochran556 wrote:But where did the 0.01 come from? Ship size? Where do you get that figure?
Gowron's post on Hit Probability
viewtopic.php?f=204&t=75

Return to “General Chat Archive”