DS9 episode questions. WTF did I miss?

This forum contains threads from main General Chat forum older than 3 months.

Moderator: thunderchero

HsojVvad
Commodore
Commodore

DS9 episode questions. WTF did I miss?

Post by HsojVvad »

Ok, I am in the final season watching DS9. I must have missed something here. I know when Sisco and Casidy Yates were almost ready to be married, but Sisco found out she was a Marquis smuggler and went to jail.

Now I am on the final episode, airs today, and Sisco and Casidy are back together? WTF did I miss? When did they get back together? I don't remember seeing them get back together after she was sent to jail.

I always seem to miss the very last episode of DS9, I only saw it once and forgot what happens. So hopefully I will not miss it today, but when did Sisco and Yates get back together? What am I missing here.
Brodibble
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Brodibble »

She went to jail for 6 months or so and came back. I can't remember what episode it was but i remember there was some tension between the two of them until the end when they realised they loved each other..... awww ain't that sweet lol.

I'm actually in the midst of watching the final episode too ... what a coincidence. It's on SPACE and is cut in two and the second part airs today. I've seen it before and find the last 1/2 hour drags on. But wraps things up nicely.
HsojVvad
Commodore
Commodore

Post by HsojVvad »

I am watching the final half hour as we speak now lol. Space I am watching it as well. I guess we live in the same Country, or you using the same Satelite\cable as I am.
PRIUSQUAM PRAESENS DAMNATUS SALVENS :
HIC HOMO NESCIENS. QUAE FUTURA EST ?

EST PLANE VANUM?
MAGNIFICANDUM?
ERROR AUT SANUM?
O FORTUNA EST!
QUA?
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Martok »

I want to say Kasidy returns in the 4th-season episode "Rapture" (after serving her 6-month prison sentence), but don't quote me on that.
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal
MrD
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by MrD »

"Rapture" is right, but you misplaced it by one season :-D
She was found out in "For the Cause", Season 4 Ep 22.
And then returned, as you said, in "Rapture" Season 5 Ep 10.
Dr_Breen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Dr_Breen »

The Ascent....Season 5 Ep 09...best episode ever
Public BotF / EF2 Teamspeak 3 Server: 83.169.13.55
Brodibble
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Brodibble »

Dr_Breen wrote:The Ascent....Season 5 Ep 09...best episode ever
"Begin recording. Chief of security.. log... final entry. It looks like Quark didn't make it... Can't say I'm surprised. You'll find his body further up the slope... No doubt he'd want you to vacuum-desiccate his remains and auction them off. Not that they're worth much. As for myself... Cremate me, stick my ashes in my bucket, shoot me through the wormhole. Might as well end up where I began. " - Odo
HsojVvad
Commodore
Commodore

Post by HsojVvad »

Brodibble wrote:
"Begin recording. Chief of security.. log... final entry. It looks like Quark didn't make it... Can't say I'm surprised. You'll find his body further up the slope... No doubt he'd want you to vacuum-desiccate his remains and auction them off. Not that they're worth much. As for myself... Cremate me, stick my ashes in my bucket, shoot me through the wormhole. Might as well end up where I began. " - Odo
I remeber the name Descent but couldn't recall what happened, then I ready your post, and now I know. Yes I love this episode as well.
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Martok »

Heh; yeah, that one's good. Still, "In the Pale Moonlight", "Trials and Tribble-ations", and "The Visitor" remain my favorite DS9 episodes. That's some damn fine television!
HsojVvad
Commodore
Commodore

Post by HsojVvad »

In the Pale Moonlight and The Visitor dosn't ring a bell for me. I use to know all titles by name, but not anymore. I use to just need to see the first 10 seconds to tell you what the episode was, but can't do that anyomre either now.

EST PLANE VANUM?
MAGNIFICANDUM?
ERROR AUT SANUM?
O FORTUNA EST!
QUA?
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Martok »

HsojVvad wrote:In the Pale Moonlight and The Visitor dosn't ring a bell for me. I use to know all titles by name, but not anymore. I use to just need to see the first 10 seconds to tell you what the episode was, but can't do that anyomre either now.

Heh. For what it's worth, I'm often bad with episode names as well. I just happen to remember those three particular episodes simply because they stand out that much (at least for me). Anyway, to refresh your memory:

"In the Pale Moonlight" is the episode where Sisko makes all sorts of distasteful moral compromises in order to trick the Romulans into joining the Feds & Klingons in going to war against the Dominion. He succeeds in doing so, but at a far higher cost to his honor & integrity than he imagined. This one is a favorite for many DS9 fans.

"The Visitor" is the episode where Sisko disappears in some sort of temporal accident triggered by the Defiant's unstable warp core. Jake subsequently spends his life first trying to rescue him, then coming to terms with his father's "death". It's a very moving episode (one of a very few that can cause me to shed manly tears), with actor Tony Todd doing a superb job of playing the older Jake Sisko.
HsojVvad
Commodore
Commodore

Post by HsojVvad »

Ah yes, I know exactly what you are talking about now. They were well done. DS9 does a good job at telling the story without any fance stuff sometimes.

EST PLANE VANUM?
MAGNIFICANDUM?
ERROR AUT SANUM?
O FORTUNA EST!
QUA?
Dafedz
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Dafedz »

Don't forget the 1st season episode 'Duet'. Among the best DS9 produced, along with, in my opinion, 'The Visitor' and 'In the Pale Moonlight' (as mentioned), and 'Whispers'.
Mentat
Commander
Commander

Post by Mentat »

Vreenak: "So you're the commander of Deep Space Nine. And the Emissary of the Prophets. Decorated combat officer, widower, father, mentor, and... oh, yes, the man who started the war with the Dominion. Somehow I thought you'd be taller..."
Sisko: "Sorry to disappoint you."
Vreeknak: "To be honest, my opinion of Starfleet officers is so low that you'd have to work very hard indeed to disappoint me."

What is so special with that episode?
A.) Benjamin Sisko fails, he fails in every aspect of his very being and finally even misses the goal that he had sacrficed all his ideals for.
B.) A stunning Elim Garak, knowing all along that this task would fail, had a much better plan B at hand, and thus saves Sisko and the Federation from public disgrace and ultimately their destruction.
C.) There was one thing that Garak couldn't help with, Sisko judging himself.

That episode managed to hand two major characters (Sisko and Garak) a way to greatly unfold, the first far beyond his personal moral limits and the latter to his comprehensive intent to destroy the Dominion presence on his homeworld. And of course, it introduced one of the most sublte played Romulans ever seen on ST screens.
Dominion Wars - Scenario
to be released for UDM3.0.1a !
marhawkman
Commander
Commander

Post by marhawkman »

Mentat wrote:Vreenak: "So you're the commander of Deep Space Nine. And the Emissary of the Prophets. Decorated combat officer, widower, father, mentor, and... oh, yes, the man who started the war with the Dominion. Somehow I thought you'd be taller..."
Sisko: "Sorry to disappoint you."
Vreeknak: "To be honest, my opinion of Starfleet officers is so low that you'd have to work very hard indeed to disappoint me."

What is so special with that episode?
A.) Benjamin Sisko fails, he fails in every aspect of his very being and finally even misses the goal that he had sacrficed all his ideals for.
B.) A stunning Elim Garak, knowing all along that this task would fail, had a much better plan B at hand, and thus saves Sisko and the Federation from public disgrace and ultimately their destruction.
C.) There was one thing that Garak couldn't help with, Sisko judging himself.

That episode managed to hand two major characters (Sisko and Garak) a way to greatly unfold, the first far beyond his personal moral limits and the latter to his comprehensive intent to destroy the Dominion presence on his homeworld. And of course, it introduced one of the most sublte played Romulans ever seen on ST screens.
Yeah, it was one of the best ever. :) To bad Vreenak had to die. :(

Return to “General Chat Archive”