Age of botf players.

This forum contains threads from main General Chat forum older than 3 months.

Moderator: thunderchero

What age category do you fit?

Under 18
2%
19-24
18%
24-30
40%
31-35
16%
36-40
11%
41-45
7%
Over 46
5%

Total votes: 55

Dr_Breen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Dr_Breen »

i have generations too but i never made it running :(
Public BotF / EF2 Teamspeak 3 Server: 83.169.13.55
RSE_Dissy
2020-Vanilla
2020-Vanilla

Post by RSE_Dissy »

Martok wrote:Well at 33, it would seem I'm a bit above the median age here. :)

While that doesn't surprise me, what *does* surprise me is the number of us who are in the 19-24 age bracket. Either you guys started playing BOTF at a rather early age (especially for a turn-based strategy title), or you discovered the game somewhat late. I'm curious as to which is the case.
same as zerochance, i bought this game the day of release when 13 years old or 14 hmm lol! and played single player for a few months before discovering multiplayer and played it off and on ever since..!
RSE_Chris
Commander
Commander

Post by RSE_Chris »

24 here. I started playing BOTF online when I was 14. :)
thefinalbattalion
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by thefinalbattalion »

I started playing BotF 6 or 7 years ago. I think. I don't quite remember for sure.
Susanoo
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Susanoo »

Although I voted ages ago, I never mentioned to tell everyone. I'm 33, so Martok, you are not alone with that age :P
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Martok »

Interesting. Going by the comments thus far, it sounds like those of you in the 19-24 age category really did start playing BOTF at a relatively early age then. I admit I'm somewhat (pleasantly) surprised by this, as TBS 4x games often seem to be perceived as an "old man's" genre.

Susanoo wrote:Although I voted ages ago, I never mentioned to tell everyone. I'm 33, so Martok, you are not alone with that age :P

Heh. Good to know. :)

Welcome to AFC, by the way! Good to have you with us. 8)
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

23 in march, had the game since the summer it came out, actually bought it on a trip with my grandfather at a mall in Georgia (USA) and read the strategy guide and box the whole way home to Florida, just itching to play it the whole time :D
Not for the weak of heart...
Galaxies MOD v0.4.0 <--- GALM/Galaxies Mod latest version
JeanLucPicard1
Commander
Commander

Post by JeanLucPicard1 »

I'm 31 but don't feel a day over 20 and the looks prove it, so I've been told.
JeanLucPicard1
Commander
Commander

Post by JeanLucPicard1 »

I'm 31 but don't feel a day over 20 and the looks prove it, so I've been told. I don't spend much time playing BOTF anymore though, but I manage to pop in here on occasion when I have a question or two regarding the game. I've been playing Dark Age of Camelot for the most part.
Trellak
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Trellak »

I am 25 since 31. January. But I bought the game when it was released in germany
ElimGarak
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by ElimGarak »

32 here, and I've been playing 10 years also- and I was lucky to get the game for $0.01 due to a bad tag (and yes, I pointed it out to them, but since I was buying other stuff they let me have it).
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

I'm 28, but girls say I look like 24 :P

I remember a funny fact. tc is the same age as my dad is and carcher is as old as my mum.

pure coincidence ;)

p.s.: no we 3 - tc, carcher and myself aren't "the botf-family" - but if we were then carcher had to be the woman ofc :lol:
ElimGarak wrote: I was lucky to get the game for $0.01 due to a bad tag (and yes, I pointed it out to them, but since I was buying other stuff they let me have it).
I guess we've finally found afc's own Quark ;)
tpatz
Ensign
Ensign

Post by tpatz »

I bought this game when it first came out and loved it ever since. Finding this site makes the game even better. Thanks to everyone for helping me out, I am sure to have many more simple questions still a rookie. 34 years old by the way.
Dewbacca
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Re: Age of botf players.

Post by Dewbacca »

I wonder if the posters aged as well as this topic did.
10 years ago as of 2/17/2020
AlexMcpherson79
Commander
Commander

Re: Age of botf players.

Post by AlexMcpherson79 »

haha, a necro that makes sense?

30 years ago: I was still a drooling toddler.
20 years ago: I was an eleven year old in the first year of high school having problems in that "People pick on X, X gets angry but tries to 'Be the better man', People continue to the point that X is a saint for having held out that long before loosing temper..." Screw that "Sticks and stones/ names" phrase. That comes from the same place as "REAL men dont cry" and "what ya whining about you nag".

10 years ago: No longer stressed from people problems. now stressed from employment problems.

... now: Given I was sacked three weeks ago, am beyond skint and having to take a pizza delivery job because its the worst time to get a job as a crane driver. that said, that job was Killing Me. both feet have aches from the fact that a poly-penko (dont know the ACTUAL name, plastic!) rigger matts at 2-inch thick and a metre in diameter are heavy fuckers... and when you drop something on your feet when wearing steel-toe-capped boots, it aint where your toes are where it lands. screw toes, those fuckers are useless - the main body of the foot though...

8 years ago or so, did the pizza delivery job before (same company, just different store within the franchise) and it was... the least stressed out I had EVER been. Let me put it this way: 3pm Wednesday, I went in for an interview. Thursday 5pm, started first shift. finished at midnight. Tonight, 5pm again, and just got back (clocked off at quarter to 2.) MOST drivers do like, around 6pm clock in, 9pm-10pm clock-out, after that even the busiest night (fridays) drops down from like, 15 drivers down to 4 at most. AND I get asked to do the late ones.

Return to “General Chat Archive”