Which music do you listen to while playing BotF?

This forum contains threads from main General Chat forum older than 3 months.

Moderator: thunderchero

KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Which music do you listen to while playing BotF?

Post by KrazeeXXL »

I have to admit I often listened to the ingame music but at some time my brain simply faded it out :lol:
But afair it still was some part of the game for me which as a whole created an unique atmosphere while playing this old game.

somehow geeky, I know ;)

I also like listening to soundtracks while playing. I prefer of course most of the Star Trek Soundtracks. Even the ones of the movies which were...erm imo not that good. F.E. "Generations", "Insurrection" or even "JarJars Reboot after the Nemesis Crash" ;)

Just recently recognized that some of the composers acted (in a way) like programmers. they used some "parts" of their work which I recognized in some other soundtracks of other movies.

The last soundtrack I've listened to while playing was the one from Tarantinos "Death Proof". a bit insane... but take a look at my nickname :lol:

So what about you? Any music you can recommend? I don't care about genres - it shouldn't be a discussion about what is good and what is not.

So if its Schranz (some sort of hard techno), hiphop or even polka - the stuff Steven Urkel loved to listen to... - let us know and give some samples. Could be funny :)

greetz K

edit: fixed a lil' typo
Last edited by KrazeeXXL on Sun May 09, 2010 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sanityfreezone
Ensign
Ensign

Post by sanityfreezone »

is it poissible to change in-game music?
Chernabog
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Chernabog »

Depends on my mood but Pendulum is my flavour of the month at the moment http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6BKBIOtRXw (an example 8) )

C.
AlexMcpherson79
Commander
Commander

Post by AlexMcpherson79 »

Got BSG' season 2 soundtrack on right now :P

I just burned em to disc for long journeys in the car.
beepo
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by beepo »

Just started playing again after playing rome total war. Mostly 80's music. 8O
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Martok »

I still listen to the game's original music. BOTF's soundtrack has never gotten old for me. :)
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

I will listen to mostly Rap... Lil Wayne, TI, those kinda rappers... unless I feel like listening to BotF sounds, like for dramatic effect (note i usually listen to music when im drinking or smoking :P)
Not for the weak of heart...
Galaxies MOD v0.4.0 <--- GALM/Galaxies Mod latest version
Peter1981
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Peter1981 »

anything by william shatner or leonard nimoy... Henry V anyone??
eber3
Captain
Captain

Post by eber3 »

I don't usually listen to music while playing this game. But when I do, I tend to listen to "the best of Star Trek 30th anniversary Special" I really like it, and it goes great with this game.

All of you who love this game should check it out, you'll probably love this cd as well.

ZeroChance
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by ZeroChance »

I also rarely listen to music anymore while playing botf, but it used to be a lot of Dream Theater or In Flames.

More recently, it's been all about Gustav Holst, Gustav Mahler, Tchaikovsky, Berlioz, Debussy, Stravinsky, Dvorak creating an orchestral score to my games... quite entertaining :)
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

@first: thanks for all of your answers. :)
sanityfreezone wrote:is it poissible to change in-game music?
If you have the will (don't fire at him :lol:) then everything is possible! I remember playing UCW and the klingon music sounded somehow extended which I enjoyed very much :D ( I remember the klingon battle-approach song)

but how to do this via modding. I dunno, sorry. :(

@Chernabog: a bit violent. reminds me of Fight Club (man I love this movie). thx for sharing

@AlexMcpherson79: I've never listened to BSG soundtracks. tbh I've rarely noticed the music while watching the series. my xp: if the music isn't annoying and fits perfectly to the background so you don't notice it all :arrow: then it is really good. seems to be the case so I should take a deeper look at BSG soundtracks :) - thx for the idea

@beepo: every era has it's good music. I can find quite a good piece in all of them. I remember much music of the 80's which was very good. but nothing I really can hear for a long time anymore (except Queen which is unique and timeless imo)

@Martok: thank god I'm not the only one :lol:

@Tethys: drinking yes (this week is going to be tough - Mens Day (or Fathers Day in "West"-Germany) - oh man - rivers of beer and lands of steak!) - smoking no (man I smoked much more then anyone) I quit it almost 2 years ago and could celebrate every day since then - best thing I've ever did in my entire fracking life

Lil Wayne... not really my generation. I prefer old school. De la Soul, A Tribe Called Quest, Common, Strange Fruit Project, Beastie Boys, J Dilla with SV, Ghostface Killah, Erykah Badu, ODB and not to forget the great MF Doom... just old school stuff ;) but it's never growing old to me ;) - but even if I've listened to hiphop my half life I'am still a noob compared to my fellow Borg-mate captaindusk.
I don't know anyone else with the same sense and expertise for music. man miss you bro'. come back soon!

@Peter1981: ok, not that I'm surprised but they did music? anything listenable?

@eber3: thx for the tip. its on my list :)

@ZeroChance: classics... hm interesting. its some time ago that I've listened to it. one of my favs is from Liszt. hungarian rhapsody (listening to it atm):

conducted by the great Herbert von Karajan. if you've got 10 minutes. take your time and listen to it. you won't regret it.

part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neXYZxjujjQ
part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpkWovNkIuU

you probably won't believe me (of which I'am aware of but don't care :lol:) but I can call one of the most famous classic musicians as one of my ancestors.

Bach (motherly)

p.s.: UCW is still one of my favourite mods. I had such fun playing it with captaindusk in warzone. it was darn awesome. 2 klingon empires - one of the best ideas for mods ever! can't wait for the update!
Last edited by KrazeeXXL on Mon May 10, 2010 2:54 am, edited 3 times in total.
Chernabog
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Chernabog »

KrazeeXXL wrote: @Chernabog: a bit violent. reminds me of Fight Club (man I love this movie). thx for sharing
Ahh its not all like that, this is the preview of their new album (mmm ... disco biscuit music :) )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0pOkJVb ... re=channel

Regards,

C.
ZeroChance
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by ZeroChance »

@krazee

I will believe you, but mostly because Bach had around 12 kids all of which survived into adulthood (IIRC), which means there are probably quite a few of you Bach ancestors hanging around ;)
Peter1981
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Peter1981 »

@KrazeeXXL
@Peter1981: ok, not that I'm surprised but they did music? anything listenable?
-- yes even some nice instrumentals.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... +song&aq=f
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

Nimoys Bilbo Baggins song nearly killed me! Man the video is so weird. EPIC LOL

@ZeroChance: my mum did some dna-test some years ago which states where genetic-relatives are in the world. A lot of in the UK, some in the US and even some in Korea.

back to the music:

Recently rediscovered an imo great artist. Jamiroquai. He has some great music-videos on youtube (the quality isnt that good)

Since some copyright problems with Sony Music, Gema and youtube german users aren't able to watch music vids anymore. So use b or vtunnel.com to get rid of this problem.

hf
greetz K

Return to “General Chat Archive”