CHEATING in warzone

This forum contains threads from main General Chat forum older than 3 months.

Moderator: thunderchero

GulAsad
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

CHEATING in warzone

Post by GulAsad »

Hi...

I just wanted to post to say that I am a bit suspicous that some cheating may have gone on in my last few games... Firstly the person I was playing against tried to make it so he had T5 and I had T1 then when I refused to play he said "ok ill play normally".. then I found he had 10 sovereigns within only 20 turns!! After that game crashed I said i'd host the next one..but then he left and said his game had crashed again and he was going to host..so I said ok but when I went in suddenly he had loads of ships again from nowhere...:roll: I couldn't see anywhere to report this on warzone so was just wondering if anyone here knew?

thanks..
DCER
Code Master
Code Master

Post by DCER »

I don't think getting 10 sovs in 20 turns is such a stretch on T5, but experienced MP players will be able to say more on that.

As for cheating.

Mid-game cheating should theoretically be very limited due to likely causing out of sync errors. However every time the game crashes, the host might have he opportunity to modify the saved game in question. When you connect to the host - his saved game gets transferred to you - ignoring your saved game.

Adding ships manually is not easy and takes time. UE does not have this functionality yet and the old saved game editor doesn't either as far as I know (could be wrong on this one).

On the other hand - giving credits to yourself is easier and could be done quickly. He could have then just bought the ships in-game.
Firstly the person I was playing against tried to make it so he had T5 and I had T1
I would suggest you avoid players so desperately in need of winning in the future ;)
sanityfreezone
Ensign
Ensign

Re: CHEATING in warzone

Post by sanityfreezone »

GulAsad wrote:Hi...

I just wanted to post to say that I am a bit suspicous that some cheating may have gone on in my last few games... Firstly the person I was playing against tried to make it so he had T5 and I had T1 then when I refused to play he said "ok ill play normally".. then I found he had 10 sovereigns within only 20 turns!! After that game crashed I said i'd host the next one..but then he left and said his game had crashed again and he was going to host..so I said ok but when I went in suddenly he had loads of ships again from nowhere...:roll: I couldn't see anywhere to report this on warzone so was just wondering if anyone here knew?

thanks..
Yeah sounds like what happened to me..not a fun way to play :(
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

definitely not... only people like Lazarus and Jasonite do these things to gain the upperhand, then claim they are better than you and can teach you how to be such "great" player as them by going to the fake botf site :(
Not for the weak of heart...
Galaxies MOD v0.4.0 <--- GALM/Galaxies Mod latest version
Selected
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Selected »

For a honest player(s) on Warzone look out for d_maximus and KerrReid were brothers experianced botf players but new to multi player.
sanityfreezone
Ensign
Ensign

Post by sanityfreezone »

Right..just played against someone with name "Edd".. found myself drastically loosing again to a point that was unrealistic...so decided to save, load as his affiliation (Feds) and take a screenshot...this was the result.. :roll:
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

I wouldnt play against anyone who hasnt signed up here on the site, to avoid this type of situation.

This sucks when u think ur playing someone real and it turns out to be Lazarus again posing as one of his *many* different personalities...

I suggest reading the multiplayer forum and seeing who is real... that way, anyone suspicious can be avoided, like *Edd*
Not for the weak of heart...
Galaxies MOD v0.4.0 <--- GALM/Galaxies Mod latest version
sanityfreezone
Ensign
Ensign

Post by sanityfreezone »

Thanks, but after the last few games I've had I'm probably staying out of MP for the time being. I mean the AI cheats but not like this....
jonboylondon
Captain
Captain

Post by jonboylondon »

[quote="sanityfreezone"]Right..just played against someone with name "Edd".. found myself drastically loosing again to a point that was unrealistic...so decided to save, load as his affiliation (Feds) and take a screenshot...this was the result.. :roll:

That guy is sitting in WZ as we speak....
Monks: Pie Jesu Domine, dona eis requiem
[bonk!]
jonboylondon
Captain
Captain

Post by jonboylondon »

In fact - he has just threatened to hack my pc saying he has already hacked jigglypuff's computer - then became abusive.

He then tried to re-join as flocke but forgot to use the borg prefix and his font and size were the same..... :roll:
[bonk!]
jonboylondon
Captain
Captain

Post by jonboylondon »

now he's ruthless...but he forgot to change his previous incarnation....

looky looky..
[bonk!]
AlexMcpherson79
Commander
Commander

Post by AlexMcpherson79 »

he's such a loser.
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

"FIocke" alright...
Selected
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Selected »

He was claiming to be Tethys yesterday he directed me to his website and showed me "his" contributions to botf this guy is really pathetic. Although in my opinion there is no need to be hysterical and stop playing botf online just play with players you know and can trust.
sanityfreezone
Ensign
Ensign

Post by sanityfreezone »

For the record, it wasn't just money that it cheated on.

Return to “General Chat Archive”