need help

This forum contains threads from main General Chat forum older than 3 months.

Moderator: thunderchero

Saragota
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

need help

Post by Saragota »

Hi everybody!

I have got a questionjavascript:emoticon(':oops:')
i think someone els has asked the sameone, but i can't read all of the post's before...
Ok: is it possible to add more minor race into the game, 30 are not enuogt to me, i want more javascript:emoticon(':D')
And when its possible, i'd like to now how i can do this, please!!!

Ok, wie man sieht ist mein Englisch nich allzu gut, also noch mal in D.
Ist es möglich, neue Kleine Rassen in das Spiel zu importieren, 30 sind mir nicht genug. Ich hätte gern mehr!
Wenn es möglich ist:Wie kann ich das machen oder existiert schon eine Anleitung dafür die ein Neuling auch versteht, HEX editieren kann ich leider nichtjavascript:emoticon(':cry:')

Bitte helft mir!!
Also, please help me!!
tutankhaten
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by tutankhaten »

You really should read all of the posts before asking this cause some people may be reposting the same stuff and it just wastes time, but i recently did the same thing so i can't judge. I believe that it isn't possible because in the mods minor races are only ever replaced but no new ones are added so i would assume bosed on that logic that for the moment it can't be done.

However it may be worth asking some of the more experienced members to be certain. :)

T
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

Yeah this has been asked over the course of the last 2 years about 100 times, thats 99 useless topics for the same answer, which is No. Not yet.
Not for the weak of heart...
Galaxies MOD v0.4.0 <--- GALM/Galaxies Mod latest version
Peter1981
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Peter1981 »

feel free to add more races to the race.rst but they won't work correctly in game. i.e. mo diplomacy etc.

to add more races you will need :-
1. to learn hexadecimal editing
2. own a hexadecimal editor
3. have a working knowledge of how races are handle in trek.exe
4. have a working knowledge of how race.rst is set up.

good look.
Saragota
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Saragota »

Thanks a lot for anwer my questions
ok, in future i will read every post...ha..ha

and in 1000 jears i will be have knowledge of the points 1-4 Peter1981 was written!! :)
Peter1981
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Peter1981 »

sorry for the short step by step guide but even the great and worshipful codemasters haven't cracked the minor races -- I have personally tried 3 times to acheive extra minor races in the game and failed.

As i said some people have reported extending the race.rst and having extra races in game but my understanding was that they had not been able to interact properly with the extra minors -- no diplomacy, probably no intel either.
Army37
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Army37 »

Personnaly,

I' m happy at how things are...of course I'll welcome all breakthroughs the modder will make...there's plenty of new ships, plenty of races and we can even go higher than tech 10 now....which is what I was dreaming of for years and thank god...someone was able to crack it.
marhawkman
Commander
Commander

Post by marhawkman »

Have they cracked changing the races? I remember a similar hardcoded issue with monsters that can be side-stepped by changing the monsters.

Return to “General Chat Archive”