Galaxy-X

This forum contains threads from main General Chat forum older than 3 months.

Moderator: thunderchero

Transwarp
Commander
Commander

Galaxy-X

Post by Transwarp »

Greetings guys,

I have been playing botf with the original ship models having been replaced by the great looking models in the different ship packs you guys have been creating. But I was missing one ship class. Is there also a new model for the galaxy-x class available?
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

yes this model has been done but it is not a very popular model. I have a ship pack with matching galaxy, galaxyX and battle bridge

http://www.4shared.com/file/6fuEobNr/Galaxy.html

Note this was before scaling project.

thunderchero
Army37
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Army37 »

I love the Galaxy X...put it in every mod that I play
Transwarp
Commander
Commander

Post by Transwarp »

Cheers for the link, thunderchero. Finally, I got myself a great looking galaxy-x. Personally, I cannot understand why this ship class has become so unpopular.

:D Transwarp
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

I like it, too. I don't think that it is unpopular in general but may perhaps not that often be requested here @ afc.
eber3
Captain
Captain

Post by eber3 »

Transwarp wrote:Cheers for the link, thunderchero. Finally, I got myself a great looking galaxy-x. Personally, I cannot understand why this ship class has become so unpopular.

:D Transwarp
I like the ship, but I never really liked it in Vanilla Botf. The ship was only seen in one possible future of Trek. A future we know never happens since the Enterprise D was destroyed before ever getting that refit. It's canon as far as it appeared on screen, but it's not really known that that class ever existed outside of the possible future Picard saw. Because of that it never seemed like a good ship to include to me.
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

Same can be attributed to the Nova/Rhode Island refit, as the Rhode Island existed in one alternate timeline. I generally go by on screen canonocity, both seem like natural progression in design, same as with the Excelsior class and refit.
Not for the weak of heart...
Galaxies MOD v0.4.0 <--- GALM/Galaxies Mod latest version

Return to “General Chat Archive”