Anyone play STO?

This forum contains threads from main General Chat forum older than 3 months.

Moderator: thunderchero

Transwarp
Commander
Commander

Anyone play STO?

Post by Transwarp »

I am curious. I have been playing Star Trek Online regularly ever since it was released last year.

Do you guys play STO? If so, do you enjoy it? If not, why not?

Just feel free to place your thoughts about this game.
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

I played the beta last year in february. A friend of mine got a lifelong access/acc to the game which I can use if I want to.

But as this game isn't ATI optimized it's a bit of pain in the ... to play on my old machine here...
HsojVvad
Commodore
Commodore

Post by HsojVvad »

I don't play it. I am old school, once I buy a video game, that is it, I don't pay for anything more unless it's expansions or DLC I hate paying montly fees.

Also, I am not much of an MMO player I almost always play single playerso haven't bothered with MMOs.
PRIUSQUAM PRAESENS DAMNATUS SALVENS :
HIC HOMO NESCIENS. QUAE FUTURA EST ?

EST PLANE VANUM?
MAGNIFICANDUM?
ERROR AUT SANUM?
O FORTUNA EST!
QUA?
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Martok »

I played the beta, but wasn't impressed. I enjoyed the space combat well enough, but the ground combat/away team portion was very "meh". Worse, the game just didn't feel very "Trekkish" to me, for whatever reason.
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal
ruthlessferengi
Multiple Tournament Champion

Post by ruthlessferengi »

I play it... it is a great game if you are expecting only what it can deliver. It is not botf, but ship to ship combat and stability are amazing...

great game, current developement is a FAR cry from beta, dudes... if you expect botf out of this, well, it is not worth it... but as far as ship to ship battles are concerned - this is fun.. I just got clearance to go for borg missions so can't wait to incorporate some of the borg techno on my ship...

ground combat is not very impressive... elite force did a finer job... but some story lines are very clever...
Relevance is a post hoc phenomenon

На безптичье и жопа воробей...
Ancient Klingon Battlecry
Lathon
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Lathon »

I tried getting back into it a few months ago, but i just couldn't. and besides, i'm a broke college kid who can't really pay for online gaming....*sigh*
ruthlessferengi

300 bucks is. A serious issue, agreed

Army37
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Army37 »

I still pay every 3 months for the use but honestly I haven't been playing with it....I'm stuck with the Borg and got fed up....it's hard to find people online now and I kindda lost interest in the game
robert_defore
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by robert_defore »

I still play sometimes , but not near as much since my daughter died in July. I just cant bring myself to see her character when I load the game. I wish I had the nerve to just delete it and move on but I still miss her very much. That is why I just put all my time and energy into making ship models, it keeps my distracted so Im not crying all the time. But as others have said, the space combat is fun, would like to see them implement some function to allow you to fight from your bridge, like in Bridge Commander. The away missions are just too, simple at times. You just beam down shoot anyone that is in your way and scan some objects, kinda lame. I will keep it for a while, I really like the new ship graphics, and I like going to places like the Wolf 359 graveyard and places like that.
ruthlessferengi

Wow, RD... this is heavy duty... I can't even begin to imagine what u've been through, man... tough hand... some play to remember, some to forget

HsojVvad
Commodore
Commodore

Post by HsojVvad »

My sincere condolences robert_defore. I can't imagine what you are going through.

EST PLANE VANUM?
MAGNIFICANDUM?
ERROR AUT SANUM?
O FORTUNA EST!
QUA?
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Martok »

My god, Robert. That's just....damn. I'm so sorry for your loss.

As Spock might say, "I grieve with thee."
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal
xDx
Commander
Commander

Post by xDx »

RD you have my sincerest condolences over your recent loss. I lost my father to cancer six months ago so I grieve with you.
To the topic at hand I tried the demo for it awhile back and my comp couldn't handle it (gotta stick with BotF) :wink: But what I played seemed pretty good. I've seen videos of the space battles on you tube and I would be willing to pay per month for a game that gives me space combat like that. Especially since the failure with games like Legacy and Dominion Wars.
HsojVvad
Commodore
Commodore

Post by HsojVvad »

I have lost my mother from complications because of cancer. While she didn't die from cancer she died because she had it.

May God bless all our loved ones souls.

EST PLANE VANUM?
MAGNIFICANDUM?
ERROR AUT SANUM?
O FORTUNA EST!
QUA?
robert_defore
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by robert_defore »

Well Ruthless, I play in remembrance, to be the best at whatever I do b/c thats what little girls think about thier dads, that we are right up there next to Jesus. So I just give life my best, with some humor. I get to vommitting alot because of the dialysis, but I just chunk one minute, tell a joke to my wife and other daughter the next. It will keep you goin... Dont ever loose the humor in your life! :lol:

Return to “General Chat Archive”