Royal Wedding

This forum contains threads from main General Chat forum older than 3 months.

Moderator: thunderchero

OllsMcAllister
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Royal Wedding

Post by OllsMcAllister »

It's been quite a big deal here in the UK (although most of my friends and housemates are indifferent at best to the Monarchy and it was a struggle to convince them!) and I wondered what was made of it where you are?

Did you watch and enjoy or did it mostly pass you by? Interested in the performances or staunchly republican?

Olls
Army37
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Army37 »

Yeah was hooked up on tv starting at 5 a.m here in Canada...watched it until the last kiss lol
anjel
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by anjel »

i didn´t care at all, when they were in the church making their votes, i was getting dress to go work and i was pieced off because i couldn´t watch another thing but the wedding on TV, so i couldn´t even get the info i need in that moment about weather and for the rest of the day.
And i apologise if i hurt some feelings, but we are not in the middle ages any more, and there´s a lot of thing to spend the money they use from the citizens, things more important as the unemployment, education and security.
Again i understand it´s nice to see something different, nice,other than the daily news about death and destruction. But this isn´t the way.
Live long and propser
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

I somewhat agree with Anjel, however you must respect love if its true... time will tell, the media will always be involved.
Not for the weak of heart...
Galaxies MOD v0.4.0 <--- GALM/Galaxies Mod latest version
Mentat
Commander
Commander

Post by Mentat »

Monarchy is outdated, Marriage is outdated. If I decide to indulge myself with politics and social behaviour of the past, I do prefer to read a respective history book.
Dominion Wars - Scenario
to be released for UDM3.0.1a !
HsojVvad
Commodore
Commodore

Post by HsojVvad »

I don't care for it. Being in Canada, it was on the news alot, and gotten tired of it so fast. Every where you turned it was on.

That siad, I didn't wake up early to watch it, but I did turn to it to see while I was up and watching TV. I missed it, just saw them come out of the church and into the horse and carriaged. I just hope it is true love and not another Charles and Diana fiasco. I do hope the best for them, just like anyone else, not just because the are "royal".
PRIUSQUAM PRAESENS DAMNATUS SALVENS :
HIC HOMO NESCIENS. QUAE FUTURA EST ?

EST PLANE VANUM?
MAGNIFICANDUM?
ERROR AUT SANUM?
O FORTUNA EST!
QUA?
Transwarp
Commander
Commander

Post by Transwarp »

The wedding was entirely broadcast on Austrian TV. I followed it a bit. Nice wedding, nice couple, dawn of a new generation of monarchy. beautiful bride.
Transwarp and ...

We are the Borg. Resistance is futile. Your life as it has been is over. Your biological and technological destinctiveness will be added to our own. From this time forward you will service us.
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Martok »

I watched the re-broadcast of the wedding, and enjoyed it. I've long had an interest in monarchies, and the British monarchy in particular -- more for the historical and tradition aspects than because of glamor, celebrity status, etc.
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal
Peter1981
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Peter1981 »

Street party and BBQ with live band down our street; about 60 of us celebrating. Then off down to the pub to continue celebrating.
Dr_Breen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Dr_Breen »

the Bride's sister was hot.
Public BotF / EF2 Teamspeak 3 Server: 83.169.13.55
Peter1981
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Peter1981 »

one day Kate'll be a QILF!
beepo
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by beepo »

Hope they are happy but I don't really care. :D
dennycrane
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by dennycrane »

beepo wrote:Hope they are happy but I don't really care. :D
Exactly what I thought.
The Federation claims to ignore Section31's tactics.
But when it comes to the dirty work they look the other way...
OllsMcAllister
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by OllsMcAllister »

Lot of different opinions - love it :)

I watched live from about halfway through the wedding service up til the Battle of Britain flyover by the RAF which was pretty epic, it's amazing to see a Lancaster still flying!

I caught the bits I missed later (had recorded the whole thing in HD) and thought it was a really lovely service; Britishness at its best IMHO :)
DigitalMaleficus
Ensign
Ensign

Post by DigitalMaleficus »

I don't mean to insult anyone by my coming statements, but personally I think the royal wedding was absolutely nothing special. I mean here in the states especially yeah it was over televised and hyped but really 'why'? Plus we're having huge storms in the south, some areas recorded as the worst EVER in recorded history and as the papers state 'scores have died'. It almost disgusts me when something like 2 people I dont give 2 shits about gets more 'public interest' than sya the THOUSANDS that died in Japan (yeah sure it was a 'big news' day for a while, until something else came up).

SO yes I personally would rather pick my nose instead of waste any time on this fiasco of 'actual' journalism.

Again like I said, hope I didnt insult anyone.

Return to “General Chat Archive”