Where is everyone? Atari trying to sell Cryptic Studios

This forum contains threads from main General Chat forum older than 3 months.

Moderator: thunderchero

HsojVvad
Commodore
Commodore

Where is everyone? Atari trying to sell Cryptic Studios

Post by HsojVvad »

I am curious, where is everyone? Seems like our 3 trivia games have come to a stop and no more new posts were made in a few days now, That is a bit unusal.

Well to make this Star Treky, looks like Atari is trying to unload Cryptic Studios the makers of Star Trek Online. I thought they were doing good, but I guess not good enough for Atari.

I wonder what kind of idiots are over there. I mean they bought Cryptic studios for about $75 million and now selling it for about $25 million. That doesn't make any sense.

Oh well, any comments?
anjel
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by anjel »

i would like to make a comment, just seems to me another laundering of money.
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

HsojVvad wrote:I am curious, where is everyone? Seems like our 3 trivia games have come to a stop and no more new posts were made in a few days now, That is a bit unusal.
may be the summer slump.
HsojVvad wrote:...looks like Atari is trying to unload Cryptic Studios the makers of Star Trek Online. I thought they were doing good, but I guess not good enough for Atari.

I wonder what kind of idiots are over there. I mean they bought Cryptic studios for about $75 million and now selling it for about $25 million. That doesn't make any sense.

Oh well, any comments?
they might've some hardcore fans playing STO but I think they've a big problem of how to get new players to the game. 75 to 25 million doesn't sound good either. more like a confession that it didn't work out as they've imagined. 25 million does sound like a good prize but what this game needs are ppl with ambitions to really make it better.

Well, they could sell it to Blizzard. I'm sure they would come up with something. xD I mean 25 mio. that's a joke f.e. if you think about for how long this game was in development.

We'll see if someone will buy it. But when even Atari wants to sell it I don't see a bright future for STO. Unless some hardcore-trek-elite-programmers come around with 25 mio...
Sela
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Sela »

Maybe WE could buy it :twisted: We could make a lot of money and buy the rights to BOTF! Oh to dream... :(

Return to “General Chat Archive”