Best Botf install on XP ?

This forum contains threads from main General Chat forum older than 3 months.

Moderator: thunderchero

GloriousFerengi
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Best Botf install on XP ?

Post by GloriousFerengi »

Hey there,
I played BOTF for years, especially when I discovered Multiplayer, but then gave up following too many bugs during tactical combats in Multiplayer.
My search in the forum has been inconclusive (too rich :D ) so I would like to ask here what the best install for XP is, and especially if there is a means to get rid of this ?#%%@ bug in multiplayer.
I looked at the list of patches, and saw that Hades 2.2 is supposed to reduce the bugs, but is there a way to totally eradicate them ?
I would favor a vanilla install, but if there is a way through the multi-install with mods, that could be great too !
Thanks !
ruthlessferengi
Multiple Tournament Champion
Multiple Tournament Champion

Post by ruthlessferengi »

Benevolent cousin,
I ran botf in win98, xp, win7, and vista .... it runs equally well in all the configurations with certain qualifiers. Mp crash is an inevitatable chronic and incurable fact. Every 10 to 150 (record) I have reload mp session. OS makes no difference imho.

A lot of version incompatibilities were eliminated with introduction of multiinstaller so I Highly recommend it. Hades is not required with multiinstaller. Most multi installer mods r stable. Fluids, bop, udm r most stable.

Multiinstaller gives u ability to install multiple mods without having to uninstaLl Others. No more stres file mess and errors . This makes selfinstaller the greateat utilitarian achiecvement after UE in botf world imho.

What's ur gmt?

RuthlessFerengi

$%#!ferengi combination is a copyrighted application. But u have my permission. As long aa u live up to the highest standards expected :)
Relevance is a post hoc phenomenon

На безптичье и жопа воробей...
Ancient Klingon Battlecry

Return to “General Chat Archive”