Transformers

This forum contains threads from main General Chat forum older than 3 months.

Moderator: thunderchero

KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

Well, in the movie they zapped a bunch of ppl and it was cool in 3d to see body parts and guts flying, lol
Not for the weak of heart...
Galaxies MOD v0.4.0 <--- GALM/Galaxies Mod latest version
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Re: Transformers

Post by KrazeeXXL »

have to say that this movie even sux more donkey dick then the previous one. a fucking waste of beer and time.
HsojVvad
Commodore
Commodore

Post by HsojVvad »

I thought it was a good movie. A great 2 1/2 hours well spent. Me and my family loved the 2nd one. Thougt the 3rd one was good as well. We can't understand how alot of people hate these movies, lots of great action. Yes the story is not that great but still a good movie to watch. Not often I can say $40 well spent.
MrGwangGwang
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by MrGwangGwang »

Transformers = Pure Trash imo.

Yes I've seen it - younger bro owns it on DVD

Bubblegum for the masses most definitely - all style (Megan Fox + Graphics) no substance :roll:
QuasarDonkey
Code Analyst
Code Analyst

Post by QuasarDonkey »

I also agree that Transformers is "bubblegum" (you mean opium?) for the masses.

I also agree with Mentat. Movies now suck, unlike past movies such as Dune and Bladerunner :D. I like your style, sir!

Speaking of which, according to the critics, Dune is supposedly incomprehensible, being likened to an exam which you need to cram for. I find it quite easy viewing.

P.S. Have any of you Transformers fans seen a movie called "Twilight"? :o
anjel
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by anjel »

well, i use to think like you guys, these kind of movies are just pop-korn. But, with this last one, i have to admit that i liked it, why ????, just because i knew what i was about to watch, so i"ve relaxed, and enjoyed it... call me conformist. I know there wont't be a good movie anymore as bladerunner and so on from the old times. :?
marhawkman
Commander
Commander

Post by marhawkman »

I honestly LIKEd the depth of some of the characters in this movie. Sentinel Prime was an awesome character!

Yeah a lot of people whine about how the movie is confusing..... Well it's the old catch-22. If it's easy to understand it's boring, if it's complicated it's confusing. This movie was complicated. :D

Much of the plot revolves around what Sentinel Prime did to end the Cybertronian war. This is never fully explained. First we get it from Optimus's point of view, then Megatron's(sort of), and eventually from Sentinel, but we never get everything.

What we did get:

Sentinel had come up with a devious plan for ending the war that he knew his fellow Autobots wouldn't approve of. What he told the other Autobots is unclear but Optimus seemed to think it would win the war in the Autobot's favor.

Why? As one of Cybertron's leaders he knew everything that could have been known about the war by an Autobot. This led him to the conclusion that if the war was fought to the finish it'd be a pyrric victory as the winners would simply be whoever didn't get killed off.

This in turn led to him trying to come up with an alternative to fighting to the death and the development of the space bridge(Transformers: Cybertron reference BTW). He also made some sort of deal with Megatron and "defected" to the Decepticons, but we don't get the details of the arrangement.

But then things go awry and crap happens and then we get to here... Hehe, all in all it was a decent attempt at making something that was more than a pop-corn flick.
QuasarDonkey
Code Analyst
Code Analyst

Post by QuasarDonkey »

marhawkman wrote:Sentinel had come up with a devious plan for ending the war
George Orwell wrote:The war is not meant to be won. It is meant to be continuous.
marhawkman
Commander
Commander

Post by marhawkman »

QuasarDonkey wrote:
marhawkman wrote:Sentinel had come up with a devious plan for ending the war
George Orwell wrote:The war is not meant to be won. It is meant to be continuous.
Wars cannot last forever. Except in the movies.... And what does George Orwell have to do with it?
MrGwangGwang
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by MrGwangGwang »

Wars can endure for an inordinately long time. Vietnam lasted almost 20 years - the latest Iraq war almost 9 years. The War on "Terror" can indeed last forever because, unlike a defined physical enemy, you are fighting on the basis of an idea. And as ideas "change" over time so too does the enemy. Thus Western powers can create new wars based on their latest definition of terror. They've even expanded their definition in the U.S. to include "Domestic Terrorists" i.e. Americans that don't agree with establishment policy, those who don't pay their taxes, defenders of the Second Amendment and so on.

They're even gearing up for the next war as we speak: http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/11/ ... 2220111107

So as you can see Marhawk - wars can last forever - and not just in movies.
Last edited by MrGwangGwang on Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
marhawkman
Commander
Commander

Post by marhawkman »

the "war on Terror" is more a publicity gimmick than an actual war.

And Vietnam wasn't actually a war either. It was a long running peacekeeping action where the US tried to protect an increasingly unstable Vietnamese government from the Vietcong. Who would disappear into the jungle ninja-style whenever they weren't fighting.
MrGwangGwang
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by MrGwangGwang »

Dictionary defines war as: "A state of open, armed, often prolonged conflict carried on between nations, states, or parties."

I believe this applies to Vietnam. In addition, 58,000 U.S. troops perished in that conflict - a pretty hefty "peace keeping" bill wouldn't you say?
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

Wars and latest movies: both bad (sequels).

You hardly can top a really good movie. There are a few exceptions ofc. Terminator 2, Aliens, the Naked Gun 2 1/2 f.e. but it seems to be over with the good and unique ideas. To make a sequel seems to be like to take the risk out of a transaction and secure a significant amount of money. You know definitely that at least some ppl will watch your movie.

I mean who srsly needs Avatar 2? I tell you what happened to me in the cinema @Avatar. I fallen asleep during the last half hour of this movie, in the goddamn action scenes! :lol:
Yea 3D and big whoohoo, great and damn expensive.

I didn't even fallen asleep watching "Jackie Brown" as like 90% of the ppl in the cinema slept and you heard snoring from every corner...

To the Israel/Iran-thingy which is going on atm: it's frightening to hear Israel openly talking about war. I mean the whole middle-east is in some kind of revolution and Iranian youth is pretty much pro-west and for improvement. If they don't watch out it'll become a very dangerous boomerang.

But perhaps some of the 1% already think it's time to redistribute some land and keep the economy running with some kind of war... We're all just figures in a game of chess...

btw, as I read Orwell I remembered this:
marhawkman
Commander
Commander

Post by marhawkman »

MrGwangGwang wrote:Dictionary defines war as: "A state of open, armed, often prolonged conflict carried on between nations, states, or parties."

I believe this applies to Vietnam. In addition, 58,000 U.S. troops perished in that conflict - a pretty hefty "peace keeping" bill wouldn't you say?
It wasn't any more an open conflict than the US border patrol shooting at mexican drug-runners. Except that in the case of the Vietcong, they managed to take out enough of our bases they we had to give up and go home. Hefty price? yeah. About 3,000 per year on the US side. On the Vietcong side? Hard to say. In contrast though, Warld War 2 had 400,000 US dead over a time span of around 6 years. Which comes to around 70,000 per year. Well over 20 times the number of US troops who died per year in Vietnam.

and yeah Huxley was probably right. Giving the masses a palliative is usually more effective than trying to force them to do what you want.

Return to “General Chat Archive”