PLAYING STAR TREK ONLINE

This forum contains threads from main General Chat forum older than 3 months.

Moderator: thunderchero

marhawkman
Commander
Commander

Post by marhawkman »

I'm Melati Kusumu@marhawkman. :)

My HP G72 laptop cost less than 1K and works great.
Army37
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Army37 »

Altho I still subscribe every 3 months, I got bored with STO....haven't played in several months now.
marhawkman
Commander
Commander

Re: PLAYING STAR TREK ONLINE

Post by marhawkman »

So who here still plays? My fleet is still looking for more new members.
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

TBH, once I saw how cartoony the characters are, and they way the ships were designed, kinda ruined the game for me, and I havent even played it yet. What sealed the deal for me, was seeing the new "Excalibur class", which absolutely makes me want to puke when I see screenshots of it. Why in the HELL would Starfleet backtrack a ship design? Yes yes, I know, what about the Akira you ask? Well, since we saw the Akira before the NX-01, well just have to ignore it. I hate the way game developers destroy once great franchises :(
Not for the weak of heart...
Galaxies MOD v0.4.0 <--- GALM/Galaxies Mod latest version
marhawkman
Commander
Commander

Post by marhawkman »

Uhh..... *stares at screen blankly for several seconds*

I have no idea why you think that.... at all.

I think the game is great!
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

I grew up playing real Star Trek games, the first one I believe was Starfleet Academy, then Starship Creator (and the Add On Pack), BotF, and Starfleet Command series. Of course Ive played others, like Dominion Wars (which I never really got to run right), Armada, Elite Force, and Bridge Commander. Im looking forward to the release of Star Trek Infinite Space, a browser based MMO that uses flash. Whats better, its free! And the graphics do not look bad at all.
marhawkman
Commander
Commander

Post by marhawkman »

I've played a few of those. Might try infinite space, but I gotta say that I really like this game.
MrGwangGwang
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by MrGwangGwang »

Try Eve Online instead - infinitely better than STO and other MMO's out there!
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

Perhaps, Infinite Space is supposed to come out this year and STO should be free to play soon, I would play STO free if they make it that way.
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

MrGwangGwang wrote:Try Eve Online instead - infinitely better than STO and other MMO's out there!
I need glasses to play Eve Online...

srsly... Friends invited me more then often to play it and I tried. But I got headaches from this game and the tiny fonts @higher resolutions. I don't understand how this nerds make that much updates for their game but forgotten to make the fonts a bit bigger. So you could actually look at the huge amounts of text w/o stressing your eyes.

A friend showed me a thread recently, and as it seems - they're about to fix this... but this game consumes so much time and you need a year to make some slightly progress...

Some ppl act like it's a drug for them, too. You know, having 4 free-accounts each others and trade lots of shit (it's just about weapons nothing else) to finance all of them with ingame-currency...

Well, the tournaments they had looked funny, tho. But this doesn't even it out... Imho, it's a perfect example to generate some serious gaming-addiction.

Which is somehow a no go for me. And bc of that I wouldn't recommend this game at all.
Paranoid001
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Paranoid001 »

After 3 years of AFF (Away from forum? lol) I have returned. Compelled by the desire to play BotF once again. Much as Odo was compelled to the Omarion Nebula (thats probably wrong spelling...) Suprised my Account still existed. Anyways......EVE online was a great game. It had depth, stability, a large following and backstory. I played for almost 2 years (one reason I fell off this forum :( ) However, it all boiled down to a simple routine. Log in, Train Skill, Eat rocks (mine), kill pirates (or noobs), log out. Doing that for 2 years I realized I spent a lot of money, and have nothing to say I accomplished. EVE can be fun with friends. but it takes dedication to overcome that initial leraning curve.
marhawkman
Commander
Commander

Post by marhawkman »

I've started playing again recently. I had to take a break for IRL reasons but I have time now.

Return to “General Chat Archive”