Cursor issue & Lagging

This forum contains threads from main General Chat forum older than 3 months.

Moderator: thunderchero

Harrild84
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Cursor issue & Lagging

Post by Harrild84 »

Hi, can someone help me. I haven't had this game on my new laptop and installed it today, I have Windows XP Professional and I have downloaded the 1.0.2 patch and the joker patch but I am still having the same problem.

The problem is that the game pauses when events happen and the cursor becomes slow and becomes lagged and hangs then only if I keep coming out and back in does it solve the issue but obviously makes the game hard to play!!!

Any suggestions or help?

Thanks
Saragota
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Re: Cursor issue & Lagging

Post by Saragota »

Hi Harrild84
I hope this is helpful
have you downloaded the Main Multi Installer 1.0.2 from the donwload section? possible not...
the multi installer version alreaddy include the patches.

https://www.armadafleetcommand.com/botf ... load&cid=9

another thing: do you play on huge maps, if yes,this can/(is) be a problem of the engine. there are to many things that the program has to handle and as an result the game slows down or freeze. You can delete some points of the overlay menu, like population or trade routes that brings some "speed"
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

Topic moved to General Chat.
Not for the weak of heart...
Galaxies MOD v0.4.0 <--- GALM/Galaxies Mod latest version
Harrild84
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Harrild84 »

Hi, yes I have the up to date patch, the issue seems to be there even with the issue of population, trade routes etc etc

I think it may just be a case it doesn't like this laptop :'(
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

First, you must uninstall BotF and reinstall using the Main Multi Installer 1.0.2 from the link provided above. The Main Multi Installer includes ALL patches, Joker and Hades. Make sure to use Vanilla install option when installing from the Main Multi Installer. If this does not help, go to next step.

Your laptop bios should have a setting for the video card to use either 1 or 8 mb of ram when playing video so it might be a thought to check to see if it is 1 or 8 mb setting, I would of course set it at 8 mb if no already. I dont know if it will solve your problem, either.
Not for the weak of heart...
Galaxies MOD v0.4.0 <--- GALM/Galaxies Mod latest version

Return to “General Chat Archive”