What was ur largest population system?

This forum contains threads from main General Chat forum older than 3 months.

Moderator: thunderchero

usane
Ensign
Ensign

What was ur largest population system?

Post by usane »

Without planet mod a system can contain 7 planets. The terran planet pop. is the largest, it is 130 (billion or so). If a system has 7 planets and all planet is terran, then the pop is 910.
The chance is litlle. It is true the bigger planets upgrade lasts longer, but if its ready it can generate a huge amount of production point.
And if its a minor, then the building upgrade is less especially if it is the Vulcan system :)
My experiencies shows the Vulcan system is mostly under 300 pop, it was only once about 450 so far, but i cant remember the prod the system generated.
However, i now play a game where Zakdorn system population is 605. The factory is only lvl8 yet but about 170 morale it generates over 8000 productions.
And what about if it was the benzar with the +50% prod?

I wonder guys what was the largest pop planet under your botf play?
Peter1981
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Re: What was ur largest population system?

Post by Peter1981 »

I know that there are various limits for star system size (posted by gowron) with some subtle modifying links; but IIRC the M-class world that minors get is ignored in the limits so in theory the largest systems ar more likly to be minor race systems.

I think the largest vanilla system I ever colonised was arround 440 but the largest minor was 465 i think;

as a side note I find there is little point in mods with massive system populations as they take ages to set up and upgrade and most mods don't increase the AI's minimum terraforming threshold. And besides you cannot display more than 60 industry building on the solar system screens.
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

something around 1400 iirc.

Cardassia prime in planet mod. Originally it is 1090 but I got some positive climate shifts, too. :lol:

In vanilla, I think I saw a ~600 once. Iirc it was Rubicun System. But don't quote me on that.
usane
Ensign
Ensign

Post by usane »

Peter1981 wrote:I know that there are various limits for star system size (posted by gowron) with some subtle modifying links; but IIRC the M-class world that minors get is ignored in the limits so in theory the largest systems ar more likly to be minor race systems.
Peter, can u post a link that contain these limit?

Then looks like about 650 pop is enough to maintain that 60 factory building, and seems little chance for greater pop without mods.

Anyway, i hope i'll have a chance to see a 600 pop benzar. With 195 morale it would be close to build a command ship type 2 about 2 or 3 turn.
Peter1981
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Peter1981 »

yes but you could use the search function...: try 'populations limits' or ' system size' etc.

however, always happy to do the work for you :)

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=76
Badbru
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Badbru »

I got a 570 or maybe it was even a 590 once. I only remember because it was four sectors to the left of Qonos and two sectors below Zackdorn (which was I think a 510pop or something similar) Anyway that was an awesome Klingon game that one.
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Martok »

The largest system I ever colonized in vanilla BOTF was 575 as the Ferengi.
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal
usane
Ensign
Ensign

Post by usane »

Peter1981 wrote:always happy to do the work for you :)
Well, thank u very much. I bow before u :)

I have read the posts of that link. Although i'm not home in coding (yet), but according to the posts it seems the max pop is 540 for native and baybe 680 for minor race system.
Am i right or i misunderstand something?
Badbru wrote: was an awesome Klingon game that one.
I play Klingon too in this game, where zakdorn pop is 605,
Peter1981
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Peter1981 »

Glad the info help you; have a look through the modding index; esp the nuts and bolts guide i wrote and the How to's are sort of tutorials for other things. ;)

I think you've got it! :D
marhawkman
Commander
Commander

Post by marhawkman »

Yeah Rubicun always has a much higher than average pop. The Edo homeworld always has at least 120 just for itself. Adding in several more good planets makes for an insanely good system.
borys13thchampion
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by borys13thchampion »

910 in UM4 and it was a yardian system , but th 645 Vulcan system is the one i liked best :D
usane
Ensign
Ensign

Post by usane »

645 Vulcan? Wow.Thats awesome. I want that too. :)

Return to “General Chat Archive”