Technology level influences

This forum contains threads from main General Chat forum older than 3 months.

Moderator: thunderchero

usane
Ensign
Ensign

Technology level influences

Post by usane »

Hi guys!

New question. At least from me, i couldnt find it on the forum, but maybe im just lame :)

The question is that: The tech levels really influence anything? And how. I mean for example: every level on energy tech tree is increase shield strength or sg like that.
I read in some topic it works but if it works then how. What are the rules? Have u found the code? I couldnt find it in modding section.
I think the shield rule is maybe simple, but what about weapon? Is the weapon efficiency affected by the weapon tech tree? And the others?
I really want to know these things.
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Re: Technology level influences

Post by thunderchero »

usane wrote:Hi guys!

New question. At least from me, i couldnt find it on the forum, but maybe im just lame :)
not lame you just did not look good enough. but I doubt it will do what you want. those would be building bonuses and creating new bonuses is currently not possible.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=238&p=2834&hilit=Te ... db2b#p2834

thunderchero
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

might be just a subjective feeling of me but I often had fights with less losses when I waited some turns to get a higher tech. may it be weapons, computer, construction or energy-tech. No proof in numbers here, just a couple of reloads in a few games. (bc of BORG encounters, Massive Ferg-fleets, etc)

But I think the impact of a higher tech is significantly larger for ships than it is for buildings (2%?). For ships it might be perhaps 10%. But again, that's just a subjective feeling of me. No proof. Could also be less, tho. (perhaps 5%)

One of the Code Masters could have an answer but I for myself didn't read anything about this topic here either. Or at least I can't remember it. The few answers as yet seem also to underline that it's widely unkown.
usane
Ensign
Ensign

Post by usane »

Ok. I've read that post what Gowron wrote.
Seems what im interested in is not implemented, or just noone had find it yet, but i think the first is more probably, and just the tech description is not clear enough.
Anyway, thanks your opinion Krazee, and the link thunderchero.
usane
Ensign
Ensign

Post by usane »

one more question.
is the shield generator affected by energy tree or not?
I read somewhere every energy tech level is add +50shield strength or somelike that.
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

usane wrote:one more question.
is the shield generator affected by energy tree or not?
I read somewhere every energy tech level is add +50shield strength or somelike that.
If you look in UE it has a bonus of "Shield per Energy Tech" at what ever bonus value used. so if value is 50 at tech 10 it would be 500. But as I stated before this is a special structure bonus and adding new bonuses of this type is not possible currently.

thunderchero
usane
Ensign
Ensign

Post by usane »

Thanks for ur reply.
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

hm, interesting idea, with some code extension this should work
e.g. check tech level each turn or catch breakthroughs and adjust the ship stats accordingly
but dunno if botf could handle these upgrades or it would cause further complications
so yeah, currently not known to be possible :)
usane
Ensign
Ensign

Post by usane »

Yes, interesting indeed, but as u and others mentioned it is not possible currently.
If i like a game i try to obtain every info including ingame and outer infos, and the tech description gave the idea, but just a not correct wording.
lets hope one day will work.

Return to “General Chat Archive”