Can't Find a Place to Buy BotF -please help!

This forum contains threads from main General Chat forum older than 3 months.

Moderator: thunderchero

JetJaguar
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Can't Find a Place to Buy BotF -please help!

Post by JetJaguar »

I desperately want to play Birth of The Federation (I've never played it before), but the only place I can find it is on Amazon and E-bay and it's over $100.

Is there any place I can buy BotF for a reasonable price? I'm a life-long Star Trek fan and I'm also a fan of Master of Orion 2, which seems to guarantee that I'll love BotF. Is there anywhere where I could purchase a digital download?

Thanks in advance.
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Re: Can't Find a Place to Buy BotF -please help!

Post by Tethys »

Buy BotF? As in pay money? Well, I hate to crush your dreams of 'buying' a copy of the game, since nobody pays for the game anymore. You can download the multi installer of the game, and play all the mods as separate games as well as vanilla BotF. ;)

Interestingly enough, the Multi Installer topic is stickied at the top of this very sub forum :?

Anyway, here is a link viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1767
Not for the weak of heart...
Galaxies MOD v0.4.0 <--- GALM/Galaxies Mod latest version
JetJaguar
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by JetJaguar »

Tethys wrote:Buy BotF? As in pay money? Well, I hate to crush your dreams of 'buying' a copy of the game, since nobody pays for the game anymore. You can download the multi installer of the game, and play all the mods as separate games as well as vanilla BotF. ;)

Interestingly enough, the Multi Installer topic is stickied at the top of this very sub forum :?

Anyway, here is a link viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1767
Thank you very much! I'm thrilled to be finally playing this game.

Do you recommend any particular mods? My personal preferences are really simple: I just want my game to be as much like Star Trek as possible and to provide a deep playing experience.

Should I play vanilla first? or should I start off with a mod for my first campaign?

Thanks again for your response.
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

I would play vanilla a bit, and then explore the different mods on the site. Most are in the download section, the ones currently being worked on are available in the Modding Information forum.
Kojote
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Kojote »

Tethys wrote:Buy BotF? As in pay money? Well, I hate to crush your dreams of 'buying' a copy of the game, since nobody pays for the game anymore.
But if you can't help it and just have to buy this rare gem of a game I may be able to help you.
I have this original cd version over here. Nearly new. Just about ten years of use and abuse. Right payment could bring me to sell it. But it should be at least three figures for this antiquity... :mrgreen:

Regarding the Star Trek flair:
If you don't find it the way you search it in vanilla you should try All the Ages, Ultimate Dominion and the Galatic Mod from Thetys (in development).
Each has a different feel and one of them will have the features you want.
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

Kojote wrote:I have this original cd version over here. Nearly new. Just about ten years of use and abuse. Right payment could bring me to sell it.
You must be ill. How can you even think of selling it? For sure you'll regret! :mrgreen:
That a phantastic game.. the cd might be worth millions in some years! :lol:
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

A defective cd rom drive broke my BotF CD about 4 years ago. RIP :( (it was an original cd from 1999 :cry: )

I still have the strategy guide tho!!! :D :mrgreen:
Kojote
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Kojote »

Flocke wrote:You must be ill. How can you even think of selling it? For sure you'll regret! :mrgreen:
That a phantastic game.. the cd might be worth millions in some years! :lol:
Uh...!
Did I say 'three figures'?
Of course I meant in front of the minimum of six zeros...
:mrgreen:

Tethys wrote:A defective cd rom drive broke my BotF CD about 4 years ago. RIP :( (it was an original cd from 1999 :cry: )
What a second...
Wasn't this the typical subterfuge of people who only own illegal copies of games?
Uh huh...! Gotcha!
:wink:

Return to “General Chat Archive”