Minor Race Bug Question

This forum contains threads from main General Chat forum older than 3 months.

Moderator: thunderchero

Morbo
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Minor Race Bug Question

Post by Morbo »

Hi, I'm new here. I've been playing the game for years and aside from the memory leak issues, the bug that bugs me most is that when a minor race is subjugated when you first encounter it, you never get it added to your diplomacy screen, even after you liberate them. I currently have a game where the Cards are putting up an uncharacteristically good fight based on their subjugation of five minor races, and as I liberate them they'll all join the Klingons since I can't talk to them, and as the Federation conquering them would be an annoying hit to morale.

Is there a known fix to this, or barring that a way to change the save game files to add the races to my diplomacy list?
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Re: Minor Race Bug Question

Post by Tethys »

A good place to start would be the search function! Learn to use it, and it shall take you farrrr!

+minor +diplomacy +hidden

Thunderchero, why doesnt this link ^ work? Its copy/paste from URL.? (without the " "'s)
Not for the weak of heart...
Galaxies MOD v0.4.0 <--- GALM/Galaxies Mod latest version
xDx
Commander
Commander

Post by xDx »

Also check out the Error Correction mod in the download section if you are hex edit handicapped or don't have a hex editor. It is the original game with a lot of game fixes and bugs (memory leak issue is NOT one of them). Check it out here viewtopic.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=171. Welcome to the forums and have fun!
"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself." -- FDR
Peter1981
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Peter1981 »

this bug has been solved -- learn to mod the game and you'll reap the rewards of this forum, take a look at the stuctured modding index by sct (spocks-cuddly-tribble) and seei if you can get it to work ;) good luck if you have any question on how to do this pleae don't hesitate to ask.

EDIT: because I'm feeling generous tonight, you need this:-
minor race hidden (from diplomacy) - bug fix
Good news, using the new knowledge gained from the Ferengi (free) trade routes code I've found a fix for one of the most annoying bugs of BotF.

As speculated here, when signing trade treaties, the entry at [systInfo+3Fh] can prevent the first contact with unknown minor races (although by encounter of independent minor-ships it's still possible).

The bugged code hides in sub_46A770 and can be overridden quite easy by removing of the jump statement at 46A7F7:

In trek.exe at 0x69BF7

change:

0F 85 7A 00 00 00

to:

90 90 90 90 90 90

That's all.

No more worrying about signing of treaties with other empires.
and it that isn't enough help try reading
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1912&p=26480&sid=5b ... 741#p26480

Return to “General Chat Archive”