Is it possible to free occupied enemy home system?

This forum contains threads from main General Chat forum older than 3 months.

Moderator: thunderchero

hgradeca
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Is it possible to free occupied enemy home system?

Post by hgradeca »

Hi!
I am currently playing a Single Player game with Romulans and Ferengi are the most powerful empire, so the rest of us have formed a mutual affilation treaty.
After some skirmishes, Ferengi have decided to attack the Federation and they have managed to conquer many of thir systems, including Sol.
Since I didn't want the Federation to fall out (I wanted them to develop, so I could steel Galaxy class from them :P :twisted: :P) I went to free Sol from the Ferengi, but there wasn't an option available to free this system.
So I just wondered whether this is a known fact, or there was some kond of bug in this particular game?
Thanks for replying! :)
Gowron
Code Master
Code Master

Post by Gowron »

Only minor race systems can be liberated.

The only possible option to "liberate" Sol would be sabotage against the Ferengi morale. This can make subjugated systems declare their independence. If the Federation is already gone, then an independence declaration from Sol could even "re-create" the Federation. However, if the Federation isn't gone yet, then the system would just become independent and not a Fed system (unless the Federation conquered it).
A discovery consists in seeing something everybody has seen and at the same time thinking something nobody has thought yet.
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Post by Spocks-cuddly-tribble »

Gowron wrote:Only minor race systems can be liberated.
Only occupied home systems are touched by this not native systems.
Gowron wrote:The only possible option to "liberate" Sol would be sabotage against the Ferengi morale. This can make subjugated systems declare their independence.
Is this realy possible for subjugated home systems ? Never seen rebelling, no matter how bad was the moral.
Gowron wrote:If the Federation is already gone, then an independence declaration from Sol could even "re-create" the Federation.
Never seen a "re-created" empire, is this realy true?
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
hgradeca
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by hgradeca »

The only possible option to "liberate" Sol would be sabotage against the Ferengi morale. This can make subjugated systems declare their independence. If the Federation is already gone, then an independence declaration from Sol could even "re-create" the Federation. However, if the Federation isn't gone yet, then the system would just become independent and not a Fed system (unless the Federation conquered it).
I have freed most of other Federation systems, so this surprised me a lot! :)
:D
Really? It is possible to recreate an empire?
Could you please tell us some more? :) What kind of message do you get, at which tech level is that empire?

A little off-topic - to what should I direct sabotage efforts in order to sabotage morale? Economy?

UPDATE:
I have remembered that in an game I was playing previously, Ferengi have conquered Cardassians and after that I have taken these systems from the Ferengi. I have managed to lower morale in Cardassia to 1 (Mining prison and force labor farms did the trick.;) ) but nothing happens - I have been playing about 50 turns and still nothing - they don't want to rebel.
Any suggestions?
DCER
Code Master
Code Master

Post by DCER »

I had Sol once rebel against me and rejoin Federation in the same turn. This fairly recently, so it's not a foggy memory :)
crashpm
Ensign
Ensign

Post by crashpm »

hgradeca wrote:

I have freed most of other Federation systems, so this surprised me a lot! :)
:D
Really? It is possible to recreate an empire?
Could you please tell us some more? :) What kind of message do you get, at which tech level is that empire?

A little off-topic - to what should I direct sabotage efforts in order to sabotage morale? Economy?

UPDATE:
I have remembered that in an game I was playing previously, Ferengi have conquered Cardassians and after that I have taken these systems from the Ferengi. I have managed to lower morale in Cardassia to 1 (Mining prison and force labor farms did the trick.;) ) but nothing happens - I have been playing about 50 turns and still nothing - they don't want to rebel.
Any suggestions?
Lose ALOT of battles, Starve the system (but give em food every so often to keep up the pop. Make some crap colonies in the heart of an enemy empire and watch them get conqured, this will lowe rmorale a fair bit.
Be a good sport, dont use cloakers.
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote:Is this really possible for subjugated home systems ? Never seen rebelling, no matter how bad was the moral.
DCER wrote:I had Sol once rebel against me and rejoin Federation in the same turn. This fairly recently, so it's not a foggy memory :)
So I stand corrected. Thank you for looking up this DCER.

Mayby there's a race specific home system bug ?

PS@crashpm: Starve a system hasn't a morale effect.
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
hgradeca
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by hgradeca »

Just another question - do I have to lower overall morale in order to get rebellious systems?
Cardassia has only 1 morale points and there is still no rebellion...
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

hgradeca wrote:do I have to lower overall morale in order to get rebellious systems?
Yes, this morale effects are always empire-wide.
hgradeca wrote:Cardassia has only 1 morale points and there is still no rebellion...
Usual there's a sort of random engine to decide if rebelion or not for every turn in every system wiht a morale less then a specific value.

But I remember the same, mayby there's a race specific home system bug.
hgradeca
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by hgradeca »

Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote:
hgradeca wrote:do I have to lower overall morale in order to get rebellious systems?
Yes, this morale effects are always empire-wide.
hgradeca wrote:Cardassia has only 1 morale points and there is still no rebellion...
Usual there's a sort of random engine to decide if rebelion or not for every turn in every system wiht a morale less then a specific value.

But I remember the same, mayby there's a race specific home system bug.
Well, that means that I'll have to start losing the wars... ;)
And if nothing happens, then I'll conquer the Federation and repeat the procedure to lower morale in Sol. ;)
But I'll make that after the exams. ;)

PS Another questions - Do I have to turn on random events in order to get rebellions?
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

hgradeca wrote:Do I have to turn on random events in order to get rebellions?
NO - And lose your battles in style :lol:

PS: It's easier to manipulate the morale-table :wink:
hgradeca
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by hgradeca »

Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote:
hgradeca wrote:Do I have to turn on random events in order to get rebellions?
NO - And lose your battles in style :lol:

PS: It's easier to manipulate the morale-table :wink:
:D Thanks for reminding me! :D It seems that it has been to long since I modded BOTF extensively, so I completely forgot about this option! ;)
I'll do it as soon as my exams are over and then I'll write what happens and how this hewly freed empire behaves. :)
hgradeca
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by hgradeca »

OK, now I am really angry!!!
I have edited morale chart a bit, so I managed to reduce morale in the entire empire to 1 point... And still nothing!!! There is not the slightest sign of rebellion... Perhaps there is a bug in this specific game...
Well, I'll try it again after the exams, perhaps it will work then. :)
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

The thing with your plan i'd worry about is if you really are hell bent on respawning a dead empire, all these measure you plan on taking to get them to rebel while under your control could very well backfire and make half your indigenous systems stick two fingers up and go on their merry way without you.

i once edited the morale to try and stop the feds declaring war as if they're the klingons all the time, namely by giving them a -50 kick up the backside evertime the declared war....didn't stop them declaring, and it ruined the game because they'd declare war twice and when i found them most of their colones had rebelled :s
Computers! [Expletive deleted]

My 4shared folder
hgradeca
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by hgradeca »

stardust wrote:The thing with your plan i'd worry about is if you really are hell bent on respawning a dead empire, all these measure you plan on taking to get them to rebel while under your control could very well backfire and make half your indigenous systems stick two fingers up and go on their merry way without you.

i once edited the morale to try and stop the feds declaring war as if they're the klingons all the time, namely by giving them a -50 kick up the backside evertime the declared war....didn't stop them declaring, and it ruined the game because they'd declare war twice and when i found them most of their colones had rebelled :s

Thanks for the warning, I an well aware of that. :)
This is an old game I've been playing some time ago and everyone admitted my galactic dominance, so I don't mind screwing everything up. ;) But thanks anyway. :)

The problem with my game is that after more than 50 turns of extremely low morale no one rebelled! :D I suspect that it must be a bug of some kind... :?:

Return to “General Chat Archive”