Does Anyone else do this?

This forum contains threads from main General Chat forum older than 3 months.

Moderator: thunderchero

crashpm
Ensign
Ensign

Does Anyone else do this?

Post by crashpm »

Collect the ships of all the minors you can get, and put em in one fleet? I really love doing this in UDM 3 G because the fleet of minors is actually very tough (below techs 9 that is heheh)

Here i have Breen, Andorians, Son'a, Xindi, Vulcans, Maquis and Gorn Lead by my my feds XD
Be a good sport, dont use cloakers.
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

Cool, an Allied battlefleet!! i want one :lol:

It's something i try to do if i can.

Them Son'a ships are tough as nails in the latest update. it's only now i'm in getting 6's in tech and building Ambassador class ships that i've got anything to match them, not that it matters as the Son'a are members now and gave me 12 battleships to play with :D

here's another though: have you ever built up a 'renegade fleet' i.e a fleet of ships you've stolen from the other empires?

There's something immensely satisfying about commanding a warbird to de-cloack and take out Romulan scouting parties and so on :twisted:
Computers! [Expletive deleted]

My 4shared folder
eber3
Captain
Captain

Post by eber3 »

stardust wrote: here's another though: have you ever built up a 'renegade fleet' i.e a fleet of ships you've stolen from the other empires?

There's something immensely satisfying about commanding a warbird to de-cloack and take out Romulan scouting parties and so on :twisted:
I always target either the Romulans or the Klingons to get cloaking ships. That cloak is a real big advantage, so when I don't have it I try to steal it! lol.
sean_west
Commander
Commander

Post by sean_west »

Call me sad, but before I destroy an empire, I steal some of their ships, then I take over their home system, and use their ships to protect their old space.
Like the bad guy from so many horror films,

I have returned
bazzel
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by bazzel »

ummm how do u steal ships?? :?
matress_of_evil
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander
Location: South Wales - Not The Australian One, The Other One!

Post by matress_of_evil »

You have to sabotage another Empire using your intel, Bazzel. Stealing ships is a rare treat that your intel officers manage every once in a while. The more intel you set against the enemy, the greater the chance of stealing one or more of their ships. :twisted:
Check out the latest news for Star Trek: Supremacy, Birth of the Empires and more at Star-Trek-Games.com!

"Anyone without a sense of humour is truly at the mercy of the rest of us."
eber3
Captain
Captain

Post by eber3 »

bazzel wrote:ummm how do u steal ships?? :?
Target all the intel you can spare at an empires military, set to sabotage. Whether you manage to steal a ship depends on if you have enough intel to over come theirs. Plus you don't always get a ship, your spies might do other things like blow up a ship or starbase. And when you do succeed it's random what ship you will get, you can't specify class or anything.
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Martok »

Oh yeah. I combine my minor race ships into a single fleet whenever possible. There's something that's just cool-looking about a fleet comprised of ships crewed by different species. :)

stardust wrote:here's another though: have you ever built up a 'renegade fleet' i.e a fleet of ships you've stolen from the other empires?

Yep. I do that all the time. I tend to roleplay these "one-off" fleets as privateers, operating independently of my regular forces; I frequently have them go on raids and other "special missions". 8)
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

I have maquis, Son'a and a Stolen Dominion ship, all sitting safely at sol training, ong with 6 connies that survived the first and second war with the Dominion that i've retired as they're legendary.

Hope to get a ferengi ship as i'm bribing them into my clutches and i might get a rom ship or two as they've got plenty to spare :twisted:

My 4shared folder
Army40
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Army40 »

Playing the Dominion, I had a Romulan D'deridex 3, a Klingon Neg'Var and the Reman Scimitar plus a few clocked Roms and Klingon destroyers...the 3 main battleships gives you an edge when you're a non clocking race.....the D'deridex 3, Neg'Var and Scimitar altogether destroyed several (20) Klingon Battlecruiser IV. Which in turn gave me more clocked capable ships. That's what I like about this mod, you get state of the art Battleships rather than outmoded scouts or destroyers.
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

Got My Ferengi Ship :lol:
they've joined now...the Dominion's last ever ship is siting in my Collection over Sol, they lost all their Dilith in the first two wars against me, it looked lonely all on it's own, forlornly parked in a distant colony that hadn't falllen so i helped myself :twisted:

My 4shared folder
jonboylondon
Captain
Captain

Post by jonboylondon »

eber3 wrote:
bazzel wrote:ummm how do u steal ships?? :?
Target all the intel you can spare at an empires military, set to sabotage. Whether you manage to steal a ship depends on if you have enough intel to over come theirs. Plus you don't always get a ship, your spies might do other things like blow up a ship or starbase. And when you do succeed it's random what ship you will get, you can't specify class or anything.
also ship must be in range of sight...
Monks: Pie Jesu Domine, dona eis requiem
[bonk!]
eber3
Captain
Captain

Post by eber3 »

jonboylondon wrote: also ship must be in range of sight...
Do you mean they can only steal ships within scanner range? Didn't know that.
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

hmmm, that would explain why i've not stolen any klingon ships yet....I know i've got over 100 to choose from but they're over the far side of the galaxy...i'm licing through their intel defenses as if they weren't there...they only have 3 systems, baffling as they've got their homeworld, have a loyal opinion and they'renot at war with anyone...

My 4shared folder
Jral
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Jral »

I only seem to get lots of minors ships through membership of them if i play the Federation though i have acquired many major powers ships with the Cardassians using intel set to sabotage/military.

Return to “General Chat Archive”