Favourite Star Trek Characters

This forum contains threads from main General Chat forum older than 3 months.

Moderator: thunderchero

LitFuel
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by LitFuel »

1. Sisko
2. Picard
3. Riker
3. B'Elanna Torres
4. Tom Paris
jonboylondon
Captain
Captain

Post by jonboylondon »

thunderchero wrote:1 7 of 9
2 Deanna Troi
3 T'Pol
4 Dax(either one)

I don't think I need to expain why

thunderchero
Just for you thunder

1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hXdJm_p ... re=related

2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9B0cN1iL14

3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwGb2B-vfUs

4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHcmx5Bs ... re=related

enjoy...... :wink:

JBL
Monks: Pie Jesu Domine, dona eis requiem
[bonk!]
Pigman
Commander
Commander

Post by Pigman »

I agree with Stardust "Kirk, Spock and McCoy"

Can't beat the brilliance of the original series with it's often hammy acting, cardboard quality props and 60s special effects.

The above were outstanding and will never be beaten

However, Plain Simple Garak makes a good fist of it

Pigman
sean_west
Commander
Commander

Post by sean_west »

I think that Kirk is the best by far, he may not have sexy tits, although he now has moobs (man boobs)

He is the sort of person you would want as a boss, he has no regard for the rules, so if you mess about, you can say "but you did it last week sir".

He hates the uniforms, that is why he keep shredding his, (if he had his way, he would ban them all toegher).

But he gets his hand dirty, if an alien needs to be killed in hand to hand combat, kirk is there, picard gets riker or worf to do it, sisko lets kira smack them and janeway unleashes her borg. need I say more?
Like the bad guy from so many horror films,

I have returned
Pigman
Commander
Commander

Post by Pigman »

My wife might read these posts, so I couldn't go with Thunderchero's choices anyway

I find it less easy to automatically rate Kirk above Spock and McCoy. Some of Spock and McCoy's exchanges are priceless. Also the dry way in which Spock delivers his humour (he is half human after all) is untouchable.

Anyway, I'm glad to see that The Original Series is still viewed with affection. I remember watching it as a kid when it was first aired in the UK and have been in love with the Star Trek universe ever since (yes I know it's not real, or is it?)

Pigman
sean_west
Commander
Commander

Post by sean_west »

Sorry, but I am not that old (lol)
I remember watching the re-runs on BBC 2 after Neighbours, but it is still my favourite.

It is very much seat of your pants technology, but unlike Enterprise, they don't try to explain how things work, you simply press a button and it does, if it doen't, you call scotty, exploration need not be complicated.
Like the bad guy from so many horror films,

I have returned
RSE_Chris
Commander
Commander

Post by RSE_Chris »

It's interesting that often the ST show that people grew up watching is their favourite.

As in people born before the 80's seem to prefer TOS, in the 80's TNG, late 80's/early 90's DS9 with Voyager being a little bit here and there :)

For me, being born in the 80's, I used to watch TNG when I was at school. The character of Picard was a role mode to me, so TNG will always be my favourite.

Anyone else fit into this hypothesis of decade born/favourite show?
Pigman
Commander
Commander

Post by Pigman »

RSE_Chris

I'm sure your hypothesis is absolutely correct but your wrong!

WRONG! WRONG! WRONG!

TOS is best whatever anyone thinks and anyone who doesn't agree just doesn't get it!

Live long and prosper

Pigman
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Martok »

RSE_Chris: Well I won't speak for anyone else, but I know that at least I would fit that theory pretty well.

I was 10 when TNG premiered, and it remains my favorite Trek series to this day, with DS9 being a very close second. TOS is a somewhat distant third, Voyager an even more distant fourth, and Enterprise is (of course) dead last.
Pigman
Commander
Commander

Post by Pigman »

I don't think Enterprise is that bad (although it's hard not to see Scott Bakula in Quantum Leap or a very obscure animation called Cats Don't Dance where he stars as the lead character)

You already know my favourite and I was about 8 yrs old when it first aired in UK (TOS that is)

DS9 comes next as I think it's really gritty at times with excellent characters. Garak is my favourite character outside of TOS.

Voyager is a very distant last and I would very much like to poke Janeway, Paris and Tuvok in the eyes (in fact most of the cast, come to think of it)

Third place is a tie between Next Gen & Enterprise. For some reason Next Gen never really floated my boat. Maybe it's because it followed TOS and I was still really annoyed that TOS had been canned.

Plus, I'd also like to poke Riker in the eyes!

Pigman

BTW, I'm not really violent!
alben_42
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by alben_42 »

weyoun, such a smug jerk.

:D
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

Yeah, i too grew up at the time when the Beeb was crawling with St re-runs. They had just started the Re-run for Next gen, they had DS9 coming fresh from the States and they did the second half of TOS...still havent seen a lot of the episodes but i have at least seen the Doomsday Device one :D

And then later on came Voyager which was different. And then Channel 4 got Enterprise and shoved adverts all through it :(
Computers! [Expletive deleted]

My 4shared folder
jonboylondon
Captain
Captain

Post by jonboylondon »

TOS

Enterprise

DS9

TNG

The Animated Series

The other one with her...

I will not conform!!!

:roll:

JBL
Monks: Pie Jesu Domine, dona eis requiem
[bonk!]
beepo
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by beepo »

As an adult I can enjoy the stories on TOS. I have to ignore the acting.
Pigman
Commander
Commander

Post by Pigman »

For the most part the stories were brilliant

Sometimes the acting makes you cringe, but I'm certain that it was all filmed tongue in cheek

TOS "Long live and prosper"

Pigman

Return to “General Chat Archive”