Old site posts

This forum contains threads from main General Chat forum older than 3 months.

Moderator: thunderchero

Malvoisin
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Old site posts

Post by Malvoisin »

Since posting is working now again thx to afc, I'd like to ask around who would volunteer to help sorting out reposting the old "invaluable" stuff. Thunderchero, you okay with having some help here?
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

yeah that fine but getting to old file will be the hard part.

but if any one want to put one of there post on, PM me and I will try to get you a link to old post.

thunderchero
Cdrwolfe
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Cdrwolfe »

Come to think of it Malv, wasn't a lot of Foxura's stuff on the forum? did he lose it all?

Certainly hope not, he put a lot of work in it.

Regards Wolfe
Malvoisin
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Malvoisin »

I still have his zip files with the text in it so nothing was lost. Besides, that botf2 forum was saved by nemitor completely while here, we're talking about the botf forum posts which were not rescued unfortunately.

I agree with Flocke in the other thread though, now's a good time to make a nice spring clean of this site! ;)
matress_of_evil
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander
Location: South Wales - Not The Australian One, The Other One!

Post by matress_of_evil »

Yeah BOTF2 is COMPLETELY safe - Nem managed to save everything, Wolfe. It'll take a while before he actually gets the forums running, but it WILL be done. The domain itself is still there as well, although if you try to access it you just get an error message about Gavin being blocked from the site lol. You just get error 404's if you try to access any other parts of the BOTF2 forums.

I'm hoping that when the forums are brought back, a link will be posted on the welcome page so that people actually know our forums exist. These forums originally had over 33000 members and the BOTF2 forums had something like 4000 members - i'm sure there would have been more BOTF2 members if people had been notifed that the project even existed...

I've sent an email to Fox to let him know the forums are back as well. If he's lost his stuff here he might still decide to remake it.

All the stuff on Sharepoint is safe as well, as it's nothing to do with Armadafleetcommand. Mike's paying for it, and I know that Kenneth was working as hard as ever on the files coz I was being bombarded by emails while these forums were down... 8O
Cdrwolfe
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Cdrwolfe »

Good to hear,

I noticed an email was sent out, no doubt to former members, hopefully it will bring a lot of people back.

Regards Wolfe
matress_of_evil
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Email? Matress never had this email you speak of. Why was matress left out?! :evil:

...Even though he's already here... :mrgreen:
ruthlessferengi
Multiple Tournament Champion
Multiple Tournament Champion

Post by ruthlessferengi »

Am to believe old postings will be retrieved? wow.. a lot of crap to sort through... out of my old 800 odd ones i would think only 3 or 4 were marginally usefull...
Paranoid001
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Paranoid001 »

wow its awesome to see that this forum was set back up and I am really glad to see it too.....one of the only places on the net anymore where the forums are actually used for cummincation and not just flaming.....anyway great to be back sPOOOn!!!
matress_of_evil
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Old postings? As in here or the BOTF2 forums?

Like I said, BOTF2 is safe - all the accounts and posts have been retained. It's just a matter of uploading the backups to the server and whatnot and away we go. :mrgreen:

As for these forums though, it's probably all gone, ruthlessferengi. AFC has been able to salvage some of the old info from the forums, but it's otherwise all gone. The community is just going to have to try and recreate everything that was lost.

On the plus side though, the forums have had a thorough update and spring clean. Since we're starting essentially from scratch, all the dead user accounts, useless posts and whatnot are all gone. With any luck that will help to encourage noobs to post here, and help the community to grow even bigger.
Paranoid001
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Paranoid001 »

yeah it encouraged me to post again :) not that im noobie or anything of the sort
matress_of_evil
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Well thats exactly what we want to see! It doesn't matter how noobie or pro you are with BOTF or games in general, this community will always welcome everyone. Welcome back. :)
Paranoid001
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Paranoid001 »

thanks man just one question though, why are there no pics of the Ambassador class in the avatar selections :( I see a ton of others but the Ambassador is my all time favorite, there are a load of jeri ryan pics and jolene pics but now ambassador pics......The Enterprise C has sexy curves too LOL
matress_of_evil
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Lol i'm not the one to ask about that i'm afraid. I'm only an admin for BOTF2 not here - and since the BOTF2 forums are currently dead, i'm not even that. :(

I'd like to be able to use custom avatars though. I miss my little Romulan! He'll probably be way over the size limits even if they were allowed though. We never enforced the avatar rules on BOTF2. :mrgreen:
Paranoid001
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Paranoid001 »

lol, I just did see the one that I used in the old forum, but still would enjoy the sexy block and drmatically angled beauty that is the ambassador. if you ask me, in the hands of a very skilled crew, that ship can survive most anything......well except three romulan warbirds......:(

Return to “General Chat Archive”