BotF and Synantics Touchpad?

This forum contains threads from main General Chat forum older than 3 months.

Moderator: thunderchero

BioHaZZarD99
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

BotF and Synantics Touchpad?

Post by BioHaZZarD99 »

AS some of you may know, I use a laptop to play Birth of the Federation.. But I noticed that randomly, the "tap to click" ability on my touchpad stops working.. I can still use the actual button to click, but I rarely use it at all.. It's not a real problem, as I have a USB optical mouse, but was wondering if anyone else noticed it..
carcher
Commander
Commander

Post by carcher »

Bio... i've used a laptop for the past 18 monthes or so and i've never noticed any probs with the touch pad.I've had probs with it getting dust inside and overheating !! but no touchpad probs
carcher
for the world is hollow and i have touched the sky....and one day mickar.....one day.....one sweet day......HAS ARRIVED!! HAPPY DAYS :D
BioHaZZarD99
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by BioHaZZarD99 »

carcher wrote:Bio... i've used a laptop for the past 18 monthes or so and i've never noticed any probs with the touch pad.I've had probs with it getting dust inside and overheating !! but no touchpad probs
carcher
tbh, I've been using it the past year and a half with botf, and I just noticed the problem.. it's also random, but I know if you use the tap to click in the main menu, it works fine... if you use another mouse in the main menu, you hve a roughly ~25% chance of the tap to click not working.. but I've never had overheating problems, or dust (use the thing to much to let it sit around and collect dust) :P
sean_west
Commander
Commander

Post by sean_west »

Synantics software, should disable the touch pad when you plug a usb mouse/trackball in. If you remove it when playing a "demanding" game, it can fail to reload.

If I pull my mouse out when playing Fable, my touchpad won't work unless I quit to Windows, an restart the game. But I have never had the problem with botf.

Try updating the driver, this worked for me.
Like the bad guy from so many horror films,

I have returned
BioHaZZarD99
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by BioHaZZarD99 »

I have the latest drivers, and I've never had my mouse disabled when I used my USB optical (would even use touchapd to click and USB to move)... I had to get the latest drivers to get the virtual scrolling to work in Firefox..

I dunno though, I rarely use the touchpad anyway, probably why it took me this long to figure it out, but I'll play with it see if I can find the problem
sean_west
Commander
Commander

Post by sean_west »

Just one question, Why would you want to tap click anyway?

when you are setting a fleet movement order and you are moving the curser, it drops the path and you have to click again.

I hate the tap, and have even disabled it on my pad, when I use it that is, which is only when I am at work.
Like the bad guy from so many horror films,

I have returned
BioHaZZarD99
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by BioHaZZarD99 »

sean_west wrote:when you are setting a fleet movement order and you are moving the curser, it drops the path and you have to click again.
It doesn't for me, although I have the coasting thingy enabled, so if I move my finger to edge of pad the cursor keeps moving in that direction... I use a lot of the advanced features when surfing the net and chatting.. not so much in games, although I've played C&C:Generals and C&C3:TW with just the touchpad (was rather fun)..

Needless to say, I tap then hold to click and drag, and can do it across the screen without lifting my finger. :P
Paranoid001
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Paranoid001 »

i also disable tap to click, i find it extremely annoying especially if using a drawing software.....or FPS games. I have also had trouble using it too with BOTF, I do not have a mouse plugged in, and all the sudden it notifys me that it is deiabled due to the prescence of another pointing device ?! I just use the buttons,,,thats what they were made for after all :P

Return to “General Chat Archive”