Suliban in any MOD?

This forum contains threads from main General Chat forum older than 3 months.

Moderator: thunderchero

El_lobo
Ensign
Ensign

Suliban in any MOD?

Post by El_lobo »

Does any MOD have the Suliban as a minor and their ships in it?
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

not that I know of

thunderchero
Pigman
Commander
Commander

Post by Pigman »

Hi El_lobo

Wouldn't be too difficult to do but what's the point?

I could get shot down in flames here but I don't remember Suliban in anything other than Enterprise and seeing as this is a prequel to TOS and I don't believe BOTF really spans as far back as Enterprise, why would you want to do it?

Unless of course you want to MOD BOTF into COTF (Conception of the Federation) in which case I could probably help you if you really wanted it

Pigman
El_lobo
Ensign
Ensign

Post by El_lobo »

It would just add some more flavor to the game. The cell-ships would be cool to face IMO.

Is their a limitation to how many possible minors their can be in the game, active? and for the game to select?

It would also make sence to let Suliban ships be a part of the game as "monsters" given the normadic way of life that the Suliban seem to have in ST-ENT. If it is possible to have a fleet of cell-ships as a monster I think it would be an interesting adittion.
Pigman
Commander
Commander

Post by Pigman »

Hi El_Lobo

I've never seen any MOD that has more than 30 races, so as far as I know, no one has cracked the ability to add more

Whenever new races are added, the same number of old races have to be dropped

FYI the max number of Minor races is 30 and in my experience if you select large irregular or elliptical galaxy and many minor races, you will usually get between 22 & 28 Minor races in your game (I believe selected at random) and if I remember correctly I had all 30 just once in the hundreds of games that I've played

So if you add Suliban you lose another race

I believe I would be able to do needed screen graphics and voiceover and maybe change the description text, but not the ships.......thats for the likes of Thunderchero and those of his exalted ilk!!

Regards

Pigman
El_lobo
Ensign
Ensign

Post by El_lobo »

Ok, in that light I think it might be make most sence to make the a "Suliban squadron of Cell-ships" one of the monsters in the game.

The Crystalline Entity and the Tarellian ship is not so appealing to see in the game anymore to me.

Is there a way of increasing the number of mosters in the game or is the situation similar to the one with the minor species?
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

Again, as far as we know so far, they are set, but that said, until recently we all thought there was a set number of ships that could be in the game at any one time. But seeing as that was cracked wide open just recently, who's to say we don't find a way to get more minors, or monsters? ;)

The Chodak and the husnock i'd get rid of as well as the tarellian ship. They all just womble around doing nothing :lol:
Computers! [Expletive deleted]

My 4shared folder
Pigman
Commander
Commander

Post by Pigman »

Agreed,

Better monsters!

But will now have to watch all 5 flavours of Star Trek and all movies, to come up with some ideas on appropriate monsters

I think that's something like 600-700 hours!!.....which with enough coke, strong black coffee and appropriate medication, I should be able to do in about 1 month!!

So see you guys in a month, if it doesn't kill me first!!!

Pigman
eber3
Captain
Captain

Post by eber3 »

Pigman wrote: I think that's something like 600-700 hours!!.....which with enough coke, strong black coffee and appropriate medication, I should be able to do in about 1 month!!
A month? Three days my man, three days. You simply have to watch all six series (I'm including the animated TOS) concurrently. So, set of your six tvs and dvd players and get busy!
El_lobo
Ensign
Ensign

Post by El_lobo »

Some ideas:

1.Suliban cell-ship squadron.
2.The Whale Probe from "The Voyage Home" attacks systems.
3.Osaarian Merchant Ship (Pirate from the expanse), the Orions could also be a contender for a pirate ship, can a monster have raiding abbility?
(For the Orions given the breakthrough with the shiplist, it might just make more sence to give the minor the possibility to build some effecient raider ships.)
4.Jump over ship or ships from the mirror universe, could also be an option.
5.Timeships entering.
6.Renegade ships, for example Klingon.
snapper421
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by snapper421 »

i would like to see a enterprise stlyed mod complet with all the minors and the nx class ship it would get creamed realy fast but be fun to see

Return to “General Chat Archive”