Starfleet Command Gold Edition

This forum contains threads from main General Chat forum older than 3 months.

Moderator: thunderchero

CaptainRay
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Starfleet Command Gold Edition

Post by CaptainRay »

I installed, uninstalled, reinstalled, patched, and run in all compatibility modes and it will not let me select a game type other than multiplayer. The "campaign" and "skirmish" modes are dulled out. I cannot find anything on any of the other forums that helps. Does anyone have any advice on this game? Other than throw it in the trash?[/b]
Oblivion
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Oblivion »

You need to use Daemon Tools to mount an image of the BotF CD (or just run the game with the CD in the drive).
trevtones
Commander
Commander

Post by trevtones »

He's talking about a different game....Ive never played that one this forum is for Botf.
Don't let your reach exceed your grasp! :mad:
Oblivion
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Oblivion »

Same thing as BotF, normally its a CD-Check that disables the Single Player section of the game.

Or check GCW for a No-CD crack (no I am not advocating warez...)
Paranoid001
Ensign
Ensign

SFC

Post by Paranoid001 »

dunno In SFC III there is an INI file and inside that you can edit a value that corresponds to the CD rom check. Thats waht I did I am running a CD rip of SFC III and it no longer asks for the CD upon Running program and all the options are available
CaptainRay
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

SFC Gold Edition help

Post by CaptainRay »

Thanks for the tips. I have installed the game on my kid's computer and it seems work work fine. Both computers are running XP but his is not updated to SP3 and never goes online. So maybe there is something to that. I have been able to run BOTF on both computers with no problems thanks to much of the help on this forum.
Thanks again.
Ray
sean_west
Commander
Commander

Post by sean_west »

SP3, the bane of nearly every gamer.

Why does Microsoft encourage Windows Compatable Games, then release a patch which kills them?
Like the bad guy from so many horror films,

I have returned
Paranoid001
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Paranoid001 »

thats why i never up date to a new SP. The only and I do mean the ONLY reason I updated to SP2 is so I can use the Visual Studio for programming languages.....personally I like Textpad, no SP requirements, but lot more can be done in Visual Studio sometimes.....
Oblivion
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Oblivion »

Why do you think I run Server 2008 instead of Vista and Server 2003 (with a patch to make it think its XP) instead of XP. I can install and run pretty much anything I like on both platforms with little to no hassle. Server 2003 hasn't needed a hotfix in months (since March I think) and XP is still getting them.

Personally I haven't had issues with SP3 on PC's I have installed it on (usually a small boost in FPS actually between 3-10%), but then none have been used for older games and such. Most are trying to run recent games on older hardware so the boost is beneficial.

Oh and if you have problems with CD checks there is always GCW for the health of your CD's :lol:

Return to “General Chat Archive”