Nonsensical diplomatic messages

This forum contains threads from main General Chat forum older than 3 months.

Moderator: thunderchero

jaruler
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by jaruler »

i have had all 4 war dec me in 2 turns and 3 all in 1 go.
Antni
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Antni »

on mine i had 3 races againsed me and peace with the romulans and i sent all my fleet to lead an offensive againsed the dominion as they had a huge fleet and i knew they'd take me out for sure if i dont take them out first so i sent my fleet and half my 3 quarters of my fleet got destryoyed and i just about managed to take out the dominions fleet then the romulans declared war and had a huge fleet attack my worlds there was nothing i could do they were just too strong.
"Speak for yourself sir I plan to live forever" Cmdr William Riker.
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Martok »

Antni wrote:has anyone had a game where all 4 other races gang up on ya?

More often than I'd care to admit. :P

Don't get me wrong; it's not a frequent occurrence. However, it's not exactly rare, either.
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

It's 50:50 for me...most of my games either winds up with me forming an early alliance with someone or everyone deciding to try and give me a good kicking.

Doing one of my tech 10 games i had all empires at war with me (the fed's) by turn 19, I took out the Romulans as they were nearest and then had the curious scenario where the other 3 empires and what was left of the Romulans try and invade Romulus within about 6 turns of each other. I fended them all off but thank feck i had 5 shipyards on the go after that :lol:
Computers! [Expletive deleted]

My 4shared folder
Antni
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Antni »

Martok Wrote
Don't get me wrong; it's not a frequent occurrence. However, it's not exactly rare, either.
thats true say if i play 4 games a week usually 1-2 of those are games where they all gang up on ya the others tend to be 2 races ganging up on ya one neutral and one at peace with you.
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Martok »

Yeah, that's pretty close to what I've experienced. Around 1/3 of my games end up with me vs. everyone else. Another 1/3 have me up against 2 empires while I'm friends with one and neutral with the 4th. The other 1/3 of the time, I actually manage to be at war with only 1 empire at a time, and/or it's two alliances attacking each other with the 5th empire not actively involved in the conflict.
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal
Antni
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Antni »

yeah sounds exactly what i have on mine there must be certain games like it knows what its going to trow at you in that game and which in the next or it'll pick a game profile randomly for each game you start. :)
smallaxe0217
Ensign
Ensign

Post by smallaxe0217 »

Happens to me all the time, the way I play...I usually play vanilla and level 5 as the Feds. At that level, I usually can begin with a slow expansion and try to hit a good economic level...once your economy goes past a certain point and/or you colonize a certain percentage of systems and you don't have any alliances, then everyone will declare war on you.
cleantoe
Ensign
Ensign

Post by cleantoe »

The most outrageous thing is when you sign a War Pact with someone, you both declare war, and the turn after that, the guy you declared war with signs a non-aggression pact! And THEY'RE the ones that asked for the fricking pact!!!
Antni
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Antni »

yeah i've had that problem before cleantoe its annoying isnt it.
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

I never usually bother with war pacts unless there's a sound reason for them....i.e with the federation, knowing they'll get clobbered for breaking a treaty and for declaring war.

Even if i do i never count on useful support, i make damn sure i'm in a position to wage a blitzkrieg style war on them.

My 4shared folder
Antni
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Antni »

yeah if you go to war with an ally they never really wage a good war they dont send any ships in or anyhing.
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

Or even better, they drag you into a war with someone, you don't really bother actually making war with your new enemy, and your ally, who was gung ho about starting a war in the first place then get's ripped apart by thier enemy without really firing a shot back at them :lol:

And what did they say about 'He who knows when to fight and when not to fight'...?

My 4shared folder
Antni
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Antni »

yeah exactly lol its just weird
Sela
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Sela »

I think its odd that you can propose a war pact against a race you havent even met yet!

Return to “General Chat Archive”