Your Fleet

This forum contains threads from main General Chat forum older than 3 months.

Moderator: thunderchero

Darth_Windu
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Darth_Windu »

I'd class the Valdore a Battle Cruiser - as heavily armed as the Warbird, but faster and less armoured.
JeanLucPicard1
Commander
Commander

Post by JeanLucPicard1 »

People call the Galaxy Class an Explorer but do you think its role changed in the Dominion war? They were not filled out with scientific equipment and received noticeable upgrades to their defensive systems. The fared better than the Warbirds during the war.
Weirdness
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Weirdness »

JeanLucPicard1 wrote:People call the Galaxy Class an Explorer but do you think its role changed in the Dominion war? They were not filled out with scientific equipment and received noticeable upgrades to their defensive systems. The fared better than the Warbirds during the war.
I'd attribute that to superior Federation tactical training, the galaxy being a multi-role vessel and the Federation's experience dealing with greater threats like the Borg. The Federation should also have more tactical insight being the first to engage the Dominion in combat. I also think in the game the Galaxy was sold short to balance the game better and make room for the Sovereign as the vastly superior vessel.
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

We hear Gul Dukat praising Starfleet's ability to quicky adapt to superior technologies when the Cardies and Dominion re-take DS9, while Weyoun was surprised that their weapons weren't breaking through the sheilds.

20 years after it's launch we see the USS Galaxy perfoming admirably in one of the battles for Chintoka.

And we see the federation have a few dozen of them in their ranks during the war.

As the Excelsior class has proven, A good upgrade can be just as good as designing a new class of ship.
Computers! [Expletive deleted]

My 4shared folder
Antni
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Antni »

I know there was one Galaxy-class ship lost to the Dominion but was there anymore reported? and how many do they actually have in Starfleet?
"Speak for yourself sir I plan to live forever" Cmdr William Riker.
Weirdness
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Weirdness »

Antni, go here...

http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Portal:Main

This website has a lot of info on the TREK universe.
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Starshi ... minion_War

this page gives a list of all ships that were mentioned by name throughout the Dominion war, though from that list the only Galaxy class ship destroyed was the Odessey, by Jem'hadar kamikaze tactics.
Computers! [Expletive deleted]

My 4shared folder
Antni
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Antni »

ahhh right cheers for the link guys
"Speak for yourself sir I plan to live forever" Cmdr William Riker.
dennycrane
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by dennycrane »

Hi,

I think the Valdore looks good, new and powerful.
But in the game nothing goes over the d'Deridex-class Warbird. It's big and powerful. The only thing I don't like: it's slow.
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

simple question, simple answer.

I usually build all ship-types. It depends on the situation, the enemy (a.i. or human), the map, the starting position and the major race you're playing.

If you're not playing the feds you have to build every possible ship - my opinion.
playing feds you don't have to build any possible ship class. So I built just 1 or 2 times ambassador class ships. but I won't forget them. depends on the enemy. even if I don't needed them as yet, they have a good price and could be useful against an strong opponent.

it also could be useful to build only 2 types of ships but this strategy can even harm you. Therefore a good mixture of ships is my favourite tactic. you can allways react to different kind of problems especially against real persons you have to, if you want to win.
Damar_72
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Damar_72 »

In the UDM 3, I'd like to play these mixture of fleets for each empire:

First with the Romulans I mix my fleet with:

About 4- Squadrons of: D'Deridex-class Warbird; (The ship that Like me most in the game that cloaks)
About 5-6- Squadrons of: Valdore-class Warbird ;
About 1- Squadrons of: Scimtar Remulan Warbird; (they are too powerful but to expensive to maintain)

Cardassians:

A mix of Galors (about 6-7 squad)
Keldon about 4-5 squadrons. (For huge fleet assaults it’s my favorite one among all the types available in the game).
And Hutets about one squadron at least.

Dominion:
Fighters from 5 to 10 squadrons depending on the money available.
Cruisers theta, about 4 to 6 squadrons.
Battlecruisers about 2 squadrons.

And finally Klingons:

Bird of Prey about 4-5 squad.
K’tinga as many as I can build (at least 5 squads)
Than the core of the fleet a mix of Vorcha’s and Negvar’s, 70-30%.

The Feds I build almost everything as they have too many classes of ships and many of them has great upgrades.
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

@Damar_72
for me it looks like, you should sign up, for the tournament ;)
Damar_72
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Damar_72 »

KrazeeXXL wrote:@Damar_72
for me it looks like, you should sign up, for the tournament ;)
KrazeeXXL,
I've never played BOTF in multiplayer mode.
I've just palyed it by myself with large galaxies, many minors, mostly no randon and impossible.
In the tournament it's playes by only two contenders? or with 5?
I really wanted to play it, but the problem is to have te apropriate time to play it, usually I play for 3-4 hours a game before save it to play another day! How it is done in the Tournament?
And playing with real people must be much more harder!
war800
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by war800 »

Wasn't the USS Galaxy destroyed from some kind of mis-function back in TNG, or am i thinking about another ship?
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

@ war800
I've found nothing about it in the list I have which includes all the ships of ST and if they were destroyed by whatever or not.

I only found:
USS Galaxy
NX-70637
NCC-70637

I don't know why there is a NCC and a NX. maybe the others have a clue about this issue and what happend to this ship.

@Damar_72
I played some mp's. and yes its quite harder and more challenging. Just try it out. I think you're not the only one with the less time to play. you have to talk to your oponents if you want to play (timezones, lunch, breaks, timer settings and so on)

just take a look into the Forum under Multiplayer Games to get more information about this. I wanted to sign in the tournament, too but I'm a totally internet-gaming newb and have to fix some problems at first I've got with BotF. I didn't had the time, to do this in the last 2 days.

Return to “General Chat Archive”