Important persons in Star Trek

This forum contains threads from main General Chat forum older than 3 months.

Moderator: thunderchero

dennycrane
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Important persons in Star Trek

Post by dennycrane »

Hey to all,

maybe I will be alone in this topic but who do you think are the most important or interesting persons in the Star Trek Universe? :?:
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

they are: Kahless and Spock

edit: after I thought about it really:
Gene Roddenberry!

edit2:
no, it's MORN!!!

edit3: Odo's bucket?

:lol:

edit4: there was this girl from Aldebaran...

just kidding...

edit5: In Memorium: it's Majel Roddenberry
Rest in Peace after you lived long and prosper
dennycrane
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by dennycrane »

What about Suran?
Was'n that the one who taught vulcan values of logic?
And without him, the Romulans would have never existed because they would have never split up form the vulcans...

Imagine that: no Romuloans...
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

Gene Roddenberry's imagination aside, i'd have to say one of the bigger influences in the Trek world would be the Ancient Humanoids we see in TNG's The Chase.

The ones who seeded various worlds so that most of the major races have a common Genome :)
Computers! [Expletive deleted]

My 4shared folder
Dr_Breen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Dr_Breen »

dennycrane wrote:What about Suran?
do you mean Surak? yes he is important, without him we had no romulans, and no federation as well...the vulcans would still behave like animals, and would have never detected the humans using warpdrive.

sisko was also quite important, he made the prophets vanishing the dominion fleet.(however i still think the authors overdid it with the prophets)

and Q...Q allowed the humans to exist :lol:
Public BotF / EF2 Teamspeak 3 Server: 83.169.13.55
dennycrane
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by dennycrane »

But if Sisko wouldn't have been, he wouldn't have detected the wormhole and then there would have been no dominion war. Or am I missing something?
dennycrane
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by dennycrane »

@Dr_Breen

There might wouldn't have been a Federation but Starfleet would have been there anyway! :-)
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

it's Tribble #1234567890123 fallen on Kirks head!

just an little idea for modders. Try to create the Tribble Homeworld or an random event with these "all-eating monsters" ;)
dennycrane
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by dennycrane »

They better don't enter the space of the Klingons.... :-)
I like your Idea, KrazeeXXL. :lol:
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

too little is known about the Tribble...
They aren't a minor race. They don't have any buildings (or hands to build anything) but they have/had a homeworld which was destroyed by the klingons. They eat almost everything + have a favour for procreation and both eating/procreation are somehow connected to another. That's all I know about them.

So, the only thing I could imagine is a random event with them.
Maybe some other people here, have more information about the Tribbles.
The other problem is the modding. Even this little idea will take "some" time until it'll work properly.

If I got some time I'll try to work on it. I can imagine that there are a lot of people with more and better ideas. Best thing is try to create something by myself. that's the only way to be sure, that something will be done. but after 15 years not working with an hex editor, it will take plenty of time to get even basic skills again.

But at first I have to try UM3 after playing UM1 for one year or so ;) Botf won't be deleted from my drive and it'll be sure some time for modding something in the future.

edit:
because I wrote something off-topic

Star Trek is full of important persons. Even like the mankinds history is. Maybe you can do a Top10 or something but it is a little bit nonsense to do such a thing. On Star Trek I like the combination of the many different lifes of these important people and what will be created new through them.
I also like the idea of taking some persons out of the timeline to change things and see, what else would be happen if this person was removed.

F.E. I liked it in Red Alert 3 as the russians removed Einstein and what happend -> sure this was absolutely stolen from Star Trek, but they made it quite cool - or maybe it were the many hot girls... ;)
Last edited by KrazeeXXL on Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dennycrane
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by dennycrane »

Okay then let's change the hole thing a little bit:

who do you think isthe most interesting person in Star Trek?
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

it's not Commander Charles Tucker the 3rd :lol:
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

hmm, been thinking about the Tribble idea as a random event. There's a random event where plague breaks out in a system and wipes a chunk of the population out so... how about:

'Tribble infestation in Sol system: 186 population starve to death..'

In theory it should be simple to do, there'd be no need to muck about with the mechanics of the random event, just the text and image in that window that pops up when a random even comes along.....
like i said, simple in theory...

As for an interesting Star trek Character, Garek swims immediately to mind..
Computers! [Expletive deleted]

My 4shared folder
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

an experienced person will do this in less than half a hour I think.
After I read many threads in this forum I rememberd my young days, as I coded with some old hexeditors as well. My skills are gone but on the other side I got other abilities, which are worth the same. I like creative things and thinking about problems, minor races and stories, more dimensional characters, combination, philosophy and so on. (could name 100 more...)
I'm not that newb in hexediting but it'll take some time to learn it again. Sad to say that I'm not that fast in learning, as I was at an age of 12 years.
but I'm willing to learn. as I saw what some people did here, I was overwhelmed and just wanted to take part, somehow to enlarge BotF.

to the topic: I like developing characters myself or watching them change in the shows. Garak was one of those I allways liked, too. Maybe because they took a little "german" to the cardassians. I don't mean the bulding style of the early 1950's. I meant the charakter "properties".
dennycrane
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by dennycrane »

Now I'm curious.
What do you mean with "took a little german"?
Can you specify that a little bit?

Return to “General Chat Archive”