Can you imagine...?

This forum contains threads from main General Chat forum older than 3 months.

Moderator: thunderchero

Deimos
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Can you imagine...?

Post by Deimos »

I was just thinking to myself, can you imagine how long us players would be playing BOTF, if there were no memory leaks, or bugs?

Perhaps the memory leaks and bugs were put in on purpose, so we actually go to bed and eat :lol:
kingy
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by kingy »

u know what u might be on to some thing there,
as ive had many crash's just at the right time,
like bed time before work or just before some one knock;s on the door
HsojVvad
Commodore
Commodore

Re: Can you imagine...?

Post by HsojVvad »

Deimos wrote:I was just thinking to myself, can you imagine how long us players would be playing BOTF, if there were no memory leaks, or bugs?

Perhaps the memory leaks and bugs were put in on purpose, so we actually go to bed and eat :lol:
LMFAO. I went to bed at 4am yesterday playing BotF. Mind you I was watching TNG at midnight, fallowed by DS9, fallowed by Enterprise, but I counldn't stay up to watch TOS was way too tired. But if it wasn't for BotF I would have been in been in bed alot earlier. lol. I got the BotF bug for now.
Deimos
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Deimos »

Yea I'm re-addicted again, heh

I normally play the feds, roms or Klingons, but chose to start trying the Cardassians and I must admit, some of the comments you get while playing are amusing
I especially like the comment made when a ship misses a starbase/output, he says in a really condesending voice, "Aw, What's the matter? Not a big enough target for you?"

heheh
TurboC
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by TurboC »

Yeah, my usual response to a crash: "Well, I guess I'm done for the night!" :lol: But I usually don't go to bed any earlier...
eekee
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by eekee »

I used to play with my nephews in their summer holidays... Windows 98 running on over-specified machines - the least had 64MB ram & a 233MHz cpu, most were 128MB & 333-400MHz, and mostly Win98 was installed on them for the sole purpose of playing BotF. (This was not exactly when BotF was released. ;)) The machines didn't crash often, and we had the host on the best machine which I think may have crashed once, in several games. We played 3 day games, full days, and I think one game ran to 4½ days. We were pretty sick of playing anything by the end of that one. :mrgreen: We pretty-much invented LAN parties for the local area. Called 'em network parties.

Return to “General Chat Archive”