Stargate Universe Trailer

This forum contains threads from main General Chat forum older than 3 months.

Moderator: thunderchero

Torrad
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Torrad »

Archos wrote:Looks awesomesauce...can't wait to see it...and look it Jack O'Neill hurrah....lol

I hated Voyager...biggest pile of Star Trek poo-doo since Star Trek V. Liked Galactica and the other SG series and films.
Yea, Voyager, Enterprise, ST I and V all sucked :S
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

but they all had windows in their ships which made it much brighter. And for us easier to take a look inside ;)
marhawkman
Commander
Commander

Post by marhawkman »

Torrad wrote:
Archos wrote:Looks awesomesauce...can't wait to see it...and look it Jack O'Neill hurrah....lol

I hated Voyager...biggest pile of Star Trek poo-doo since Star Trek V. Liked Galactica and the other SG series and films.
hunh... I'm not sure it's good that there are now people who don't consider DS9 to be the worst....
Torrad
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Torrad »

marhawkman wrote:
Torrad wrote:

hunh... I'm not sure it's good that there are now people who don't consider DS9 to be the worst....
DS9 wasn't the worst - sure the writing was sub-par but all of it has been since TNG.

My order:

TNG
DS9
Voyager/Ent
TOS (This isn't an invitation for people to defend TOS, I just think it's poo - it's my opinion and no amount of rewatching will change it).
Archos
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Archos »

DS9 was good, my favourite in fact...The Next Generation was like Coronation Street in space...lol.

I think your missing the point of the whole window thing...they were brighter because they had more lights...and were painted differently...
Captain Nathan Dixon
Executive Officer, Starbase Pegasus
Siren Fleet
http://pegasus.siren-fleet.com/forums
marhawkman
Commander
Commander

Post by marhawkman »

Honestly? after going back and watching several eps of TNG that I hadn't seen for a long time, if ever. I really don't see it as better than Voyager. Most of the episodes were one shots with strange aliens never seen again.... Even if they are what you'd expect the Federation to try contacting....
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

indeed, it appears to me that they don't had a concept about their universe and the races who live in it. The writers just seemed to think to the next episode and that was all. And then whooops the season was at its end. And whoops again and then wooosh and the series was over. In the next series they wanted then to do everything from the scratch and not some Aliens they had in a show before. Partially, I can understand that but they could've done better in closing some circles. (they did great with the Ferengi f.e.)

Okay if you assume that we have 10k civilisations in our galaxy then there are still "some" new races left ;)

And I'm also sure that there is a simple way in the future to reconsile things according to the old series. It's Star Trek, there's allways a way! :)
Archos
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Archos »

Enterprise was very good up until mid season 2...then got good right at the end of Season 2, Season 3 was ok and season four seemed reasonable (In the Mirror Darkly and the ones with Brent Spiner were particularly better than the rest of the season...but my big grumble about Enterprise was the ending... Rick Berman or the other one Producer dudes said it was a 'Valentine' for Star Trek fans...HA
Captain Nathan Dixon
Executive Officer, Starbase Pegasus
Siren Fleet
http://pegasus.siren-fleet.com/forums
marhawkman
Commander
Commander

Post by marhawkman »

My biggest gripe with Enterprise was the Transtemporal war.... It just seemed like the sort of thing that you wouldn't have seen the Federation have to deal with so soon in it's history. (Okay technically it wasn't yet the Federation.)
eber3
Captain
Captain

Post by eber3 »

marhawkman wrote:My biggest gripe with Enterprise was the Transtemporal war.... It just seemed like the sort of thing that you wouldn't have seen the Federation have to deal with so soon in it's history. (Okay technically it wasn't yet the Federation.)
But that was the whole point. It was a Temporal time war. It originated in the far future beyond even DS9 or Voyager. The reason they were attacking Archers time was to keep the Federation from ever being formed.
marhawkman
Commander
Commander

Post by marhawkman »

I still don't like it. I'd have rather seen more episodes dealing with their neighbors. I LOVED the storyline with the Romulan Drone ship. :)
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

I still don't know what I shall expect from SGU.

Maybe Stargate ran out of uber-enemies and need some new ones from the other side of the universe?

Hopefully they have some nice MP7 in the weapon lockers of this ship. :mrgreen:

Can't see the P90 anymore...

http://world.guns.ru/smg/smg49-e.htm

:mrgreen:
eber3
Captain
Captain

Post by eber3 »

marhawkman wrote:I still don't like it. I'd have rather seen more episodes dealing with their neighbors. I LOVED the storyline with the Romulan Drone ship. :)
That was a good storyline. Of course it couldn't have existed without the Temporal time war storyline. The cloaking technology and probably the advanced weapons on the drone must have come from the future, since the Romulans didn't invent cloaks until TOS era originally.
chestermike
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by chestermike »

eber3 wrote:
marhawkman wrote:I still don't like it. I'd have rather seen more episodes dealing with their neighbors. I LOVED the storyline with the Romulan Drone ship. :)
That was a good storyline. Of course it couldn't have existed without the Temporal time war storyline. The cloaking technology and probably the advanced weapons on the drone must have come from the future, since the Romulans didn't invent cloaks until TOS era originally.
The drone ships didn't have a cloak, it had some sort of external holographic system that made it look like other ships.
eber3
Captain
Captain

Post by eber3 »

chestermike wrote: The drone ships didn't have a cloak, it had some sort of external holographic system that made it look like other ships.
Yeah, you're right. I forgot that, however holographic tech was even more advanced then cloaks, since we never saw that until TNG era. And the Romulans did have cloaks way to early on both mines and ships. I would have liked some kind of resolution to the time war storyline, but we never got it. Instead we got the crappy Xindi season followed by a lame Reman look-a-like alien Nazi story that was simply an excuse to drop the Time war arc without explaining anything or restoring the timeline.

Return to “General Chat Archive”