The fix I'd really love to see...

This forum is for outdated or irrelevant Modding Information that may or may not be 3 months old.

Moderator: thunderchero

Ovarwa
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

The fix I'd really love to see...

Post by Ovarwa »

Hi,

The fix I'd really love to see is ship order wysiwyg for attacking systems. This is probably a nasty one to fix, but it would be so very nice for the order of ships in the sector display to be the same as the order of ships in the actual attack.

Just saying. :)

Anyway,

Ken
Dr_Breen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Dr_Breen »

hit the ''Redeploy'' button. then unselect the taskforce you used to hit the button. --> you should have the right order now
Public BotF / EF2 Teamspeak 3 Server: 83.169.13.55
Ovarwa
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Ovarwa »

Hi,

So let me see if I understand you right:

If I have, say, 40 warships and transports in a system, all set to attack the system, and they look like they are in the order I want (big warships first :)), I need only select a task force, choose Redeploy, then unselect the task force, and the ships will be in the order I want?

Anyway,

Ken
Dr_Breen
Commodore
Commodore

Re: The fix I'd really love to see...

Post by Dr_Breen »

no sorry you can only SEE the actual ship order on the right side.

i tried reordering that list as well by regrouping the ships and make them warp in and out of the sector but it had almost no effect. it seems thats not possible.

however you can still tell which ship is where in the list....this allows you to isolate specific ships and tell them not to attack to prevent them from being destroyed.

let's say your shiplist shows 4 destroyers then 9 Battleships (with strong shields) and then 17 destroyers again. if youre going to attack a system with let's say 7 orbitals ---> 4 destroyers will be lost.

so best thing in that case is. tell the whole fleet to attack the system. then go to the redeploy menu. isolate these 4 destroyers and tell them to avoid or whatever.

result: the orbitals will attack the battleships and you won't loose ships. and you can still attack with a big part of your fleet.
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

Hi Ovarwa,

let me see if I understand what you want to do?

you are at system ready to attack in this order on left.

6 scout
5 command
9 destroyers
5 troop transports

my first question is have these ship been moving together and not redeployed? if yes they should stay in that order. and scouts would be destroyed by orbitals if all attacked.

I would want this order.

5 command
9 destroyers
6 scouts
5 troop transports

How I would get this order of ships and stay that way.

select 6 scouts and then select redeploy
at bottom remove all ship from fleet until nothing is selected on left
next select a scout (any scout) select redeploy add only scouts back into that fleet.
next select 5 troop transports and selcet redeploy do same remove from bottom all ships select troop transport and add back only troop transports.

next wait 2 and sometime 3 turns don't ask me why and ships will change order.

thunderchero
Ovarwa
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Ovarwa »

Hi,

*considers*

Let me see if I understand this.

Scenario: Over the past few turns, my ships have been streaming into Sector S for a grand assault.

I now have 15 command ships, 1 scout and 19 transports. The ships have arrived pell-mell, the transports solely for the invasion and the other ships to replace losses I took some turns ago in the Grand Battle of Sector S.

If I set all ships except the scout to attack the system, the order I want is

4 newly minted regular command ships
10 veteran command ships
1 elite command ship
19 transports

If I understand you correctly, I want to do the following, in order:

1) Extract the 4 regular command ships so they become singletons. Then select one of the 4, redeploy, and add the other 3 to them.

2) Extract the 10 veteran command ships so they become singletons. Then select one of the 10, redeploy, and add 4 more veterans to it. Select one of the remaining 5 veteran singletons, redeploy, and add the remaining 4 singleton veterans to it.

3) How do I handle the lone elite ship?

4) Do the same extraction dance for the transports.

5) Wait a few turns for the ships to assume the correct order.

6) Set the ships to attack.

How do I know that the ships are in the right order?

Anyway,

Ken
Dr_Breen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Dr_Breen »

Waiting works? wow i didnt know that, i was extracting and warping around for about 20 minutes to find a solution for this, never had the idea to just leave it after redeploying.

about 3) the veteran ship:

after redeploying the veterans unselect that group by clicking on it on the left side. search for the elite ship on the right side, click it and it will build a new "fleet". after that click it again in the bottom list so that nothing is selected on the left.

then proceed with the transports
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

to redeploy a single ship.

when it is time for it in the order select elite ship and 3-4 of remaining tt's.
then remove only TT from that fleet. now elite should stay in correct order too. (have not tested this) but should work.

Also a side note say you have 5 replacement command arive.
your first fleet in the order only has 4 command. if those 5 command are redeployed into the 4 command it should stay in correct order.

Note 2; this also will work but not as good when fleets are at differant systems. I had to do this when I was dealing with over 150 ships. doing this at one system with that many ships is hard to do. when fleets are moved to same system after redeploying it still may take a few turns for fleets to be in correct order but it does better if all fleets arive at same time.

thunderchero
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

the fix I'd like to see is the one which solves the constant "klingon stovokor" in tactical combat.
Dr_Breen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Dr_Breen »

whats that? you mean all klingons dieing? or everybody being killed by klingons?
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

I meant tactical combat crashes playing klingons...

You never ever noticed? 8O

perhaps it's just my old machine or graphics card or my dang mouse driver or the tooth fairy or whatever...

But I can play 20 tactical combats with feds with no crash and on the opposite are the klingons with 1/2 - one works, one crashes... perhaps 2 or even 3 work w/o crash but only when I've got some luck
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

I have never experianced any more crashes with klingons than any other race. All crash about the same, 1 crash per 100 turn in sp 1 crash per 40 turn mp with good connection (depending on other players connection)

It must be you :wink:

thunderchero
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

thunderchero wrote: It must be you :wink:
have the same crashes in lan if I play feds and friend plays klingons... I have amd/ati and he has an intel/geforce system

just thought I mention this fact...

btw its strange that I get those answers about this crash in this thread here... guess I mentioned this klingon "tc's" in 4 other threads, as well... :roll: and you never answered or had an idea or said it must be me...

but will find a solution sooner or later like I allways do

it must be hades ;)
DOT
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by DOT »

"Beim Hades" - be carefully, maybe this are the creeks gods who punishes you for being blasphemic? :wink:
I never installed hades and so I never incur the wrath of the greek gods. :lol:

I don't have hades and I don't have many combat crashes. The combat crashes were so rare that I even can't make assumptions, how often it happens.

Edit: I play BotF only on my EEE 1000H (intel platform)
life long and prosper

Return to “Modding Information Archive”