Another plea for help

This forum is for outdated or irrelevant Modding Information that may or may not be 3 months old.

Moderator: thunderchero

Dafedz
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Another plea for help

Post by Dafedz »

Well I'm back looking to mod again (UM5 may happen yet), but it's been a while, and to be honest I'm finding it a bit tricky! I'm still finding my way round DCER's fantastic UE, it's so nice not having to worry so much about the intricacies of hex editing...

Anyway. I've hit a problem. After a few tentative experiments, and creating a platform for my new mod...
ST:BOF Thu Oct 8 00:04:33 2009

Version Under Test: 72
File: ..\..\source\universe\mkplanet.c, Line: 288, success==TRUE
Initialize State: 31
Player Empire: 0 Starting Seed: 1254956673
Galaxy shape: 0 Galaxy Size: 1
This is a CTD, that occurs immediately upon beginning a new game, before the process of creating and drawing the galaxy has even been made.

I cannot seem to track this bug. Indications point to planet.pst, but to my knowledge it's not really any different than the planet setup from UM4.

Suggestions? Any would be appreciated...
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

welcome back to modding :wink:

When I get a problem like this one I start over from vanilla adding edited files back in groups ships, planets, building ect until I locate file causing problem. Then fix or replace problem file.

from crash log it does sound like a planet error. maybe like a major/minor not assigned a new planet or planets when race was replaced.

good luck

EDIT; was this after editing map generation?

thunderchero
matress_of_evil
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander
Location: South Wales - Not The Australian One, The Other One!

Post by matress_of_evil »

You return here but not to Supremacy? You haven't been on there in almost two months!

...We've got lots of work for you, Dafedz... :twisted:
Check out the latest news for Star Trek: Supremacy, Birth of the Empires and more at Star-Trek-Games.com!

"Anyone without a sense of humour is truly at the mercy of the rest of us."
Dafedz
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Dafedz »

Hey Moe! Yeh mate I'm sorry, I do of course look in from time to time, but tbh of late I've been so busy with other stuff in life, there's hardly been any time for Botf.

I guess now with the fantastic breakthroughs Gowron has made it was time to re-install the original game and check out all the new possibilities...

I'll be logging onto the Botf II forums asap no worries...

And thanks for the suggestion thunder, I'll look into that and keep on trying. :D
Peter1981
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Peter1981 »

good to see you back dafedz :) always loved the UM series looking forward to um5

sorry i've no better sugestion then thunder to add but i'm confident that you'll figure it out let us know.

Return to “Modding Information Archive”