Suggestions for an update of the Delta Quadrant Mod

This forum is for outdated or irrelevant Modding Information that may or may not be 3 months old.

Moderator: thunderchero

Lynx
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Suggestions for an update of the Delta Quadrant Mod

Post by Lynx »

A few days ago, after downloading the Multi Installer and the excellent Ultimate Dominion Mod (latest version), I also decided to test the Delta Quadrant Mod. Since I'm a bit of a Voyager fan, I thought it would be intersting with a Delta Quadrant Mod too.

Unfortunately it crashed after only 10 minutes.

What I can see, the mod is very old and should need an update. As a matter of fact, with the Ultimate Dominion Mod and mods for Babylon 5 and Stargate coming up as well, a DQ mod could be a great complement.

I have some ideas but unfortunately, I'm not the one who have the skills or resources to create one. But here are some suggestions:

First of all, I think it would be best if DigitalMaleficus (who created the original Delta Quadrant Mod) and the people who have created the Ultimate Dominion Mod could cooperate in some way in such a project.

The original DQ Mod had Species 8472 instead of the Ferengi. With all respect to our Klingon, Romulan, Cardassian and Dominion friends, I think that the main actors in a DQ mod should be races like the Kazon, Vidiians, Hirogen etc. (if not the scenario is built around some wormhole to the Alpha Quadrant which the Klingons and the others could pass through). Using DQ races plus the idea of building a "new federation" with Voyager and the humans on "The 37's planet" would give a Delta Quadrant mod a certain touch of originality.

What I could see of the mod, all the planets had the same names as the planets in the original game (or vanilla game if you prefer that term). That should be changed to more appropriate Delta Quadrant names. I would gladly provide a list with suggestions for planet names, both for habited and unhabited words, since I happen to have a certain knowledge about the Delta Quadrant. When it comes to the Feds, the starting point shouldn't be Earth or Alpha Centauri but "The 37's planet (or Briori as it is called in the Star Charts book). The main plot could be how the people on the planet should create a new Federation with the help of Voyager.

Of course, it would be necessary with some new designed ships (Kazon, Hirogen, Vidiian and so on).

As for random events, we still have the Borg as in the original game and the UDM and then we could have typical Delta Quadrant events like The Distortion Ring, the Voth ship, the Dreadnought or some other dangerous things from the series as well.

A Delta Quadrant Mod with the same quality as the UDM would be a great complement to what we already have.
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

If there were to be a new Delta Quadrant mod I'd make the Borg as one of the major powers rather than a random event as they're arguably the biggest force in the quadrant.

The Swarm would make for a good random IMO. The model could be of a dozen of their ships in battle and they turn up randomly and sweep through space.
Computers! [Expletive deleted]

My 4shared folder
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

The DQ Mod was made by Digitalmaleficus aka Adam Dray, and I havent seen him in a while... I do have him on Myspace so I will try to give him a buzz when I think to do it :P

And yeah this mod was made over 2 years ago, so it most likely would need to be updated :)
Not for the weak of heart...
Galaxies MOD v0.4.0 <--- GALM/Galaxies Mod latest version
Lynx
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Lynx »

stardust wrote:If there were to be a new Delta Quadrant mod I'd make the Borg as one of the major powers rather than a random event as they're arguably the biggest force in the quadrant.

The Swarm would make for a good random IMO. The model could be of a dozen of their ships in battle and they turn up randomly and sweep through space.
I'm not so sure about the Borg as a major power. I think they are better as a random event, just as they are in the original game and the UDM because you can't even have an temporary alliance with the Borg, they want to assimilate everything. I also find them too powerful compared to the other major powers in the game.
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

Ok so Adam (Digi) sent me a message back and he says he had to step away from the mod for some reasons, wont go into details, but he also says that he would love to make an update for the DQ Mod.. and if I could gather him up a list of the people who would want to collaborate just post in here if you want to help out or not. also, he would like to set up some kind of conference chat or something... dont kno what he wants to use but i will message him back when i hear things from you guys here...

Tethys
wicky82432
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by wicky82432 »

i noticed in the mod the delta flyer and danube models could be a bit better, the bottem of the danube sometimes disappears as does the delta flyers
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

Adam has informed the community that DQ2 is underway, anyone who wants to help please see his new thread here Delta Quadrant 2
DigitalMaleficus
Ensign
Ensign

Post by DigitalMaleficus »

It's been a loooong time but yes I'm finially back! Sorry for the long delay between personal life issues and such been rather distracted but find myself once again daveling in the joy that is star trek BOTF. SO being a bit rusty I'm gonna start and try to do a new DQ mod (since the Delta quad ahas always been my fav region)...I'm actually hoping to start from scratch since my original was riddled with bugs (it was my first attempt at modding after all). Hopefully this time I'll have better luck !

Return to “Modding Information Archive”