NonMeeting of Minors via fly by

This forum is for outdated or irrelevant Modding Information that may or may not be 3 months old.

Moderator: thunderchero

thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

NonMeeting of Minors via fly by

Post by thunderchero »

Hi Everyone,

I just did a quick test with vanilla. The "?" was a Pakled transport sitting over a federation system with no contact with Pakled.

So I would say for contact with a minor race it requires ship to ship or at home system encounter. This may be due to minors only have a single sector as their space.

EDIT; I also tested with same save with shipyard built and all types of scanners still no contact.

thunderchero
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Martok »

Very strange. I'd swear I've met minors in vanilla via "fly-by" before. I'll see if I can reproduce the effect. (If not, then I guess I'll just be eating crow for supper tonight. :P )
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal
Lathon
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Lathon »

normally when i have a outpost/scanner in the same system, i can make first contact. i would have to try it out again. it's been a while since i noticed that
eber3
Captain
Captain

Post by eber3 »

Lathon wrote:normally when i have a outpost/scanner in the same system, i can make first contact. i would have to try it out again. it's been a while since i noticed that
That's what I thought. As long as you have ship or scanner then they are picked up.

Return to “Modding Information Archive”